We stayed at the GN Whitewater in early September - being just a party of two, we opted for one of the two smaller accommodations (Osprey). The size of the cabin was absolutely fine - downstairs had a small living area and kitchen, and a small (and reasonably basic) bathroom. Upstairs was the bedroom with two comfy double beds and a balcony. It was all reasonably clean too. We had a gas barbecue outside but it was very old and didn't work - luckily there were no guests in the cabin next door so we were able to use theirs instead, which was much newer and actually worked! We had a chance to look in the bigger cabins and I must say they are better appointed (with air conditioning for one thing, which Osprey didn't have, although a fan was provided).
The location is just off a main road and I would not say that the views were particularly impressive, but it was far enough away from the street not to have any noise at night and was very peaceful. There is a restaurant over the road, otherwise other shops/restaurants are in West Glacier whuich is just a couple of minutes' drive away. The main entrance to the National park is also just a few minutes' drive away.
The staff were all lovely - all very helpful and happy to answer any questions we had. We also did a rafting trip which was very enjoyable.
Overall I would recommend this accommodation, especially if you are looking to stay in one of the larger cabins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5 log cabins provide a perfect base camp for exploring beautiful Glacier National Park. Enhance the quality of your Montana adventure vacation by staying in a custom made log cabin designed especially for you. Enjoy a full kitchen with all linens, dishes and cookware. Resort activities include whitewater rafting and fishing trips, as well as paddle board rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Great Northern Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Northern Hotel West Glacier
- Great Northern Whitewater Hotel
- Great Northern Resort West Glacier, Montana