Just spent 5 nights at the Great Northern "Moose" chalet. The unit sleeps 8, 6 up and 2 down. The chalet is very roomy, cozy and fully equipped including large outdoor gas grill. The gas fireplace failed but the delightful young owners appeared in minutes and had it back on quickly. The resort is 5 minutes from the West entrance of Glacier Nat'l Park. One caution: if Going To The Sun road is closed in the middle, you'll need to drive 2+ hours to access most of the park's outstanding vistas. The unit was only $150 per night! It was post-high season but the weather was just fantastic, sunny and warm every day. The grounds are immaculate. It's all good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5 log cabins provide a perfect base camp for exploring beautiful Glacier National Park. Enhance the quality of your Montana adventure vacation by staying in a custom made log cabin designed especially for you. Enjoy a full kitchen with all linens, dishes and cookware. Resort activities include whitewater rafting and fishing trips, as well as paddle board rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Great Northern Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Northern Hotel West Glacier
- Great Northern Whitewater Hotel
- Great Northern Resort West Glacier, Montana