My husband wanted to plan a very special 40th anniversary trip to Glacier Park, and he chose the Belton Chalet based on their literature and some phone calls. As we pulled in to check in, we were immediately stopped by an unfriendly employee who was blocking the driveway with a long pole. She stated that a wedding was taking place on the front porch and we'd have to wait until the ceremony was over. We sat with the car idling for ten minutes or so and then she moved the pole but told us there would be no spaces available to park, so we parked across the highway at the Amtrak lot. When we finally were allowed to check in, another unfriendly employee told us we'd have to move to a different room the second day. We hadn't been informed of that when making the reservation, and told him so, but he stated that they move people all the time and we'd have to move as the first night's room was already rented to someone else. We like nice old hotels, but this one was so bare bones, austere, that we'd never return. There was not even a writing pen in the room and when we asked for one at the front desk, the clerk indicated that we'd be charged if we didn't return it when finished with it. There were no apologies, but rather a haughtiness that left us feeling ripped off and cheated out of what should have been a special weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier