Our second night in the Glacier Park area was at Belton Chalet. The idea of staying at an historic, period-specific, property was nice but there's a limit to what that means. It certainly is not worth the 2.5x price of other, more basic, properties available in the area during the off season.
The rooms are clean but very spartan. The alarm clocks don't even have radios. Basic accommodations are understandable but not at this price.
Also - we were on the backside of the property and had no issues with train noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier