An old railway hotel, refurbished and therefore unusual. It was clean and comfortable and sufficiently remote to get a feel of it's origins. Near to the park entrance. But no food, although there are a couple of local places within walking distance. The rooms were basic and noisy, and oddly there was a glass panel above the bathroom door. It's interesting to be near the railway line if you like trains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier