“Not as great as you may think Do NOT buy a photographic trip!”
Review of Glacier Photo

Glacier Photo
Ranked #7 of 10 Tours in West Glacier
More attraction details
Owner description: Glacier Photo is an Old Time Photo Studio and fully stocked camera and accessory shop located at the West entrance to Glacier National Park, and has served photographers in Glacier since 1986. Our Old Time Portrait studio offers one of the most fun and unique souvenirs of your trip to Glacier. Cameras, lenses, filters, tripods, memory cards, bags, straps, batteries and chargers, cleaning kits, lens caps, digital prints, - you name it - we've got it! We look forward to seeing you! There are few places on our globe as photogenic as Glacier National Park, and for that reason Glacier Photo offers a wide selection of personalized photography workshops throughout Glacier Park. Photographers of every level learn from professional guides whose number one concern is helping you improve your skills in capturing the stunning landscape of Glacier National Park.
Kuwait
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Not as great as you may think Do NOT buy a photographic trip!”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Whilst visiting the Glacier National Park,iIt was difficult to miss the big and inviting sign of this facility just outside the gate to the Park. As an arvid and serious amateur photographer, I could not resist a visit to the store. The gentleman behind the counter was most friendly and helpfull. I decided to buy a photographic excursion from him. The promise to go out with a "professional photographer" was inviting, interesting and expensive. All was set to depart later the afternoon. The Professional photographer arrived, but so did his arrogant attitude. None of my expectations were met by the individual - Although we traveled with the Road to the Sun to the summit, the coaching on photographic techniques and composition was the minimum. In fact, the outing was short of a total waste of money. As if this was not enough, this so called "expert" and his arrogance was unable to get us back to the point of departure because the road we travelled was closed by the Park authorities at 21:00. What was most annoying is that there was more than enough signs indicating the road was closing at 21:00. The professional photographer was totally ignorant of that. The net result was, that we had to take a detour of two hours. Instead of arriving at the point of departure at say 21:45 or even 22:00, we got back just before midnight! What was further annoying is that my wife had to wait for me all the time and I was unable to call her and explain the situation to her.
My advice: you can visit the shop but be very, very careful for the "professional photographers" you may want to go out with and improve your photography skills. In my view, it is a rip off, and not worth the money. I will NOT recommend it, not even to my biggest enemy.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Franzdorette
Craig H, Owner at Glacier Photo, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I was disappointed to see this negative review of our photo workshop posted without hearing directly from the client about their dissatisfaction. As indicated in the review, I had a very pleasant experience with the client as he visited the shop prior to booking the workshop. I regret that the client did not communicate his dissatisfaction as I am certain we could have reached an acceptable solution. Because of extensive road construction, travel through Glacier National Park can be unpredictable at times, and I know that an unforeseen road closure complicated this particular workshop.

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority at Glacier Photo and that includes having the opportunity to resolve issues when they arise. I hope we have the chance to serve this client on their next visit to Glacier National Park.