“Great beds and service!”
Review of Vista Motel

Vista Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in West Glacier
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The mattresses in our room were apparently brand new and gave the best night sleep of our entire vacation. The rooms have a vintage motel smell. Lovely breakfast. No tv but the office gives out free dvd viewers and dvds.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Adanim
There are newer reviews for Vista Motel

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Good vibes! Very close to the west entrance of Glacier; clean; VERY friendly staff; nice view. Pool looked nice, but we didn't use it.

The website says the continental breakfast is "light," this is very true: just some toast, English muffins, instant oatmeal, juice, and coffee.

Our shower stall was positioned so that water sprayed right onto the ground. We had to make a make-shift wall to hold the curtain in place using a bunch of lotion and shampoo like bottles.

Not a tons of amenities but it is certainly worth the price.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently travelled to Montana for a family wedding. I went there several days, before the Day so I could enjoy the magnificent scenery and majestic mountains. I made reservations online at the
Vista Motel, given 3 stars by AAA( I don't know how old that rating is), as it was just outside Glacier National Park, where I planned to do some fishing. I left Deerffield Beach FL at 5:00 AM, and went to Atlanta, 3 1/2 hour layover and on to Kalispar Montana. I arrived, met with relatives went to dinner and then to the motel to check in approximately 10:00 PM.When I reserved the room I requested one of their larger rooms as I like to be able to spread out. I opened the door to
a smell of musty unuse , hot ( it was 91degrees that day) and no AC or fan. The window was opened. no phone, no TV, no closet( 3 pegs on the wall.) Since I was exhausted, and the hour was late, I went to bed. The next AM I went to the office to see what could be done and was told that room was their biggesdt and best. There was no TV, or AC, in any of the rooms.and she would be happy to put a couple of more pegs on the wall so I could hang clothes. I immediately checked out, and notified AMEX that there might be a problem with a refund of deposit. As you know I travel a lot and am very easy to please, as is evidenced by my reviews, but not this time. I felt I should warn any of you travelling to the beautiful state of Montana to steer clear of the Vista Motel in West Glacier Montana

3  Thank Bigod3
amy r, Manager at Vista Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

The Vista Staff apologizes for your uncomfortable stay at our Motel. We do not advertise we have TV or Air Conditioning. Once in a while Montana gets a heat spell in the 90's. We have fans in all the rooms and extra fans at the front desk. The staff at The Vista takes pride in our simple, friendly,clean motel with a spectacular view of Glacier National Park.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in July 2013, to be close to other family members who were camping in the Glacier campground. The room was nice, with a queen bed in the main room and a separate room and double bed. Bathroom was recently renovated and we did have some difficulty with the design of the shower, which allowed a lot of water to leak out onto the floor. The breakfast was good - coffee, juice, oatmeal, bagels, toast, etc. All-in-all it served the purpose and was a quiet place to sleep.

1  Thank DJ9999
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights last week, and it was a really pleasant, clean, cool place to stay. The pool was nice, and well furnished with towels and furniture, and there's a lovely room and terrace where they serve breakfast and you can sit and read with a view of the mountains.

This is an old style mountain motel/cabins, and it's been sensitively preserved. Having said that, it's a bit pricey, but not for the area. The season here is short and the local lodging owners really put the prices up when they're open. If you're looking for better value, stay down in Columbia Falls, as if you don't have a reservation in the park, you're going to pay at least $125/night....West Glacier is not the place for budget travelers, as there were no hostel or inexpensive accommodation outside the park, which is a shame, especially compared with other National Parks.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the funky little cabins, they're in the back, and have a nicer feel to them th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cyclist704
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed there for three in June before G2S Road was open. Had a nice spacious room that seemed to have been remodeled over the winter or within last year or two. Great location. Bathroom was spacious and clean.

Room Tip: My room had two double (maybe queen) beds with a partition between them that provided semi privacy...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GungaJim
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We enjoy traveling and paying a huge price for a clean bed to sleep in isn't worth it to us. We're all for a clean bed, clean room, well kept bath, etc., but we don't need a TV since we're really only sleeping there. It cools down so nicely at night, we didn't need air conditioning, but we did want a room with a refrigerator and wifi. We found what we were looking for here at the Vista Motel, and the location couldn't be beat. The service was excellent: bubbly, accommodating, and very helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. The outdoor pool was an added plus!

The only drawback I found was having railroad tracks nearby and a few trains going through at night.

Room Tip: Near the office for great wifi and easy parking.
1  Thank ptsip04
Village Inn At Apgar
Village Inn At Apgar
#2 of 6 in West Glacier
Under Canvas Glacier

Been to Vista Motel? Share your experiences!