“Great place to stay”
Review of Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Glacier
Vista Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in West Glacier
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Don't let the outside of this place fool you. The rooms are large, clean and the beds are very comfortable. We got a room with a kitchen which was nice since it allowed us to have a hot breakfast every morning. We had our own private driveway with a porch (room 9). A kitchen and a great shower. My only complaint about our stay was the room doesn't get dark enough at night. The curtains don't block the outside lights and the other windows have an opaque covering which makes them private but doesn't block light.

Its location is perfect only a few miles from the entrance to Glacier NP. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank solartj

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am planning a trip to Glacier National Park next month (September). I booked a reservation and was told that they would email me a confirmation which they never did. Later that day I changed my mind (decided to stay inside the park). When I called (the same day) the woman at the front desk asked why I was canceling the reservation. I told her it was because I decided I wanted to stay inside the park she said "You should have done your research before you called. You have wasted a lot of our time." I then asked her to email me a confirmation that my reservation was canceled and she said "No, I won't email you anything, your reservation has been canceled." I can't believe HOW RUDE SHE WAS. I'm glad I didn't waste my money staying there. The front desk at Apgar Village inside the park was extremely friendly and helpful. I look forward to staying at Apgar Village next month. I gave Vista Motel one circle in the ratingts because I had to enter something - it really deserves NONE.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mark614
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have never been to Glacier and made my reservations by cost and info gained on reviews. My family and I are so happy that we found this motel. Yes the train was noisy and there was no air conditioning but we were comfortable. After a day of hiking the train was a minimal disturbance. The staff at the Vista Motel was awesome and they answered all of our questions about the park.

We stayed the first three days here and then three at another motel down the street that did not have internet access. Vista management allowed me to come back and upload some work through their Wi-Fi a couple days after I had checked out. I will never stay anywhere else but the Vista Motel if I come back to Glacier. You cannot go wrong by booking at the Vista. Hallock family - Minnesota

Room Tip: Kids loved the pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Vance H
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My daughter and I were to stay at another lodgeing in the area and was unable to get intouch with the property owners. Kimberly was very gracious in finding phone numbers to put us intouch with the owners. Also she allowed my daughter to use her computer to access the paper work for the reservation.
Even though we did not stay at the Vista Motel, I would highly recommend staying there.
When we have a return trip to Glacier we will stay at the Vista Motel.
Kimberly is the best

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank K D G
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Our trip to Glacier National Park was planned in advance, however, our lodging was NOT booked at the Vista Motel. Upon arrival at the facility that we had reserved for two nights, the gate was shut, no one was around and our repeated voicemail messages never returned. Not knowing what to do we stopped in at the Vista Motel to see if they had any information that could help us. Kimberly was at the front desk and through various phone calls made by her and her graciousness in letting me use her computer to check my booking information....she put us in touch with the person who finally got us into our room!! We had been trying to get checked in since 3:00pm and by 8:00pm that night we were finally in our room, tired, stressed and thoroughly disgusted with our experience. However, we could not stop praising Kimberly for her kindness and willingness to help us even though we were not staying at the Vista Motel!! That kind of willingness to help is worth more than a fancy motel/cabin/lodge!! When visiting Glacier National Park stay at the Vista Motel! Kimberly and her staff will make it worth it!! I know that's where we will be staying on our return visit!! Thanks Again Kimberly....you are the best!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sorenson29
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here for one night before heading into the park in July. We had been camping for days and I wanted a place that was clean and nice enough to really relax in, without blowing our vacation budget. The Vista was great. It looks like an out-of-date dive from the outside, but the room was clean, had nice furniture and a lot of character, and provided everything we wanted (comfy bed, a table with 2 chairs, a fridge, a fan, extra blankets, and plenty of towels). True, the shower stall was very (very) small, but you couldn't complain about the water pressure or cleanliness. And despite being near the train tracks and the apparent flimsiness of the curtains, the room was quiet and dark at night. Breakfast was simple but good, with English muffins, bagels, and the like. I would definitely stay here again if we were passing through the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccopple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This motel lives up to its name with a sensational view of Glacier Park. We stayed in room #12 which had a fantastic view through the picture window and from 2 comfortable chairs outside our front door. The bathroom was brand new and spacious, and the beds were firm and comfy. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I lost my glasses on our trip, but the staff called me at home and reported I had left them in the room and were sending them to me. Breakfast was served in a separate building with large windows overlooking the park. We supplemented their coffee, toast, english muffins, and bagels with our own cereal and milk. Traffic is heavy on Route 2, but dies down at night. Trains rumble through frequently, blowing their whistle, but we quickly got used to the noise and had no trouble sleeping. We will definitely return to the Vista.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
#3 of 13 in West Glacier
Mini Golden Inns Motel
Mini Golden Inns Motel
#2 of 4 in Hungry Horse

Been to Vista Motel? Share your experiences!