I feel like an introductory statement is needed for this review. If you visit the national parks and stay within the parks, I recommend firmly remaining in "vacation mode" and easing up on being overly critical of the park-run accommodations, which, at times, is not hard to do. Or, put another way, I would probably be much more critical of a hotel on a business trip than I would be within a national park. So, that said, we loved the Village Inn at Apgar. A bit rustic? Check. Slowly working shower (more prevalent on 2nd floor rooms I'm told) that didn't really seem to spit out as much hot water as I would have liked? Check. Not necessarily the greatest value in the history of hotel accommodations? Check. But the most spectacular views of any hotel I've stayed at in recent years? Double check. So you overlook the quirks for the fun of being at Glacier National Park and staying at a place that has every bit as great a view as the Many Glacier Hotel (in my humble opinion). We found that, in two days, the majestic Lake McDonald and mountains behind it took on so many different looks that I found myself snapping pictures in the morning before leaving for the day and in the evening before turning in. Just spectacular. I'll mention also that the front desk employees were hugely helpful in discussing hikes, driving through the park, etc. And the little village of Apgar is great. Everything you could need within walking distance. Fun for the kids - ice cream, etc. A great setting. All in all, loved it here...would return in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1956, the Village Inn at Apgar is located on the shores of Lake McDonald. This quaint 36 room motor inn offers stunning views from every room of Lake McDonald and the mountain panorama forming the Crown of the Continent. One-bedroom kitchenettes are available, as well as one- and two-bedroom units that can accommodate up to six people. One-bedroom kitchenette rooms are located on the 1st floor and are equipped with basic utensils, refrigerator, stove, microwave, and coffee maker. One-bedroom units are located on both floors and can accommodate a maximum of two people. All rooms are rustic yet comfortable with double and/or twin beds and a private bathroom. Second story rooms are accessed via stairs only and all rooms have an incredible lake view. A limited number of ADA-accessible rooms are available and are booked based on space available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Village Inn At Apgar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Inn At Apgar Hotel West Glacier
- Village Hotel West Glacier
- Village Hotel At Apgar
- Village Inn At Apgar West Glacier, Montana