Glacier Guides Lodge
Mini Golden Inns Motel(Hungry Horse)(Great Value!)
$94
Travelocity
Glacier Travel Inn(Columbia Falls)
$75
Cedar Creek Lodge & Conference Center(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
$140
Travelocity
Village Inn At Apgar(West Glacier)
  • Beachfront
Belton Chalet(West Glacier)
Vista Motel(West Glacier)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsyogurthealthy breakfastpark entrancehard boiled eggsrooms are modernplace to staygreat tipstea and coffeetucked awaya wonderful staytrain stationwest sideday hikesitting areaquiet locationgranola barseach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The lodge and its atmosphere were a superb addition to my trip. I landed here as the result of changed plans an inclement weather, but extended my stay because of the friendly, knowledgeable staff and coincidentally the friendships started with other guests. Josh, Max, Roscoe and team are dedicated and fluent with the region. I didn't use the guide services but am considering that as an option to expand my growing interest in fly fishing.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Off the main road just enough to be quiet and relaxing, this inn is reasonably priced for the location, modern and comfortable. The rooms have high ceilings and over-sized windows, and there's trees and wildlife all around. There's wifi access and satellite tv. Breakfast with the very international clientele mix, and the manager Josh assisting all with coffee and planning. The same company that owns the lodge also runs a river guide and rental service, plan a rafting trip. Beautiful, relaxing, great stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My wife & I experienced a most memorable vacation with G.G. Lodge. First time to Glacier Park, Josh was an excellent host & very helpful in providing points of interest, never too busy to answer questions and with genuine interest. Rooms, beds/bedding, were very much welcomed after a long day in the park.
Also had the pleasure to experience a two day raft trip down the Middle Fork with G.G. Again, a top notch experience, guides (Mark & Mike) were most accomodating providing a wealth of knowledge about the park both past & present. Both were very proffesional and personable, great guides with excellent cooking skills ... cast iron pot Lasagna.
Tony & Becky

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The glacier guides lodge is an excellent base camp for exploring glacier national park. I have never felt strongly enough about a place to write a review, but I could not keep this place secret with the great combination of host, location, etc. Josh, is an excellent host. He takes the time each morning to help you map out your day as you enjoy the free continental breakfast. The lodge itself is new and built with the environment in mind. I noticed that one reviewer didn't like the stained concrete floors, but I found them refreshing, especially when you think about how nasty hotel carpeting could be potentially. The bedding is top shelf and the minifridge is a nice touch that may seem trivial until you need it. The price may not be for everyone, but I think it is fair given that it is just steps from the west entrance to the park. The only con is that the wifi/internet absolutely crawls, which I understand is due to the lodge location, and not the lodge itself. This is probably not a problem for most on vacation, but something to look out for if you potentially have to get some work done. Overall, I highly recommend the Glacier Guides Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was so glad that the construction of the lodge was completed on time for our trip. The lodge is beautifully done. I stayed 3 separate nights and my sister stayed in another room so between us we saw 5 different rooms. Each room had two queen beds. The bedding was very nice. The rooms were brand new and nice touches such as tile floor in the entry and all natural wood thoughout. The Innkeeper, Josh, and the housekeeper, Loretta, were very welcoming. My only regret was that our itinerary was so packed that we had little time to hang out. Breakfast was included and the food was varied and for the most part healthy and sufficient to send people off for a day of vigorous activity. The "unhealthy" part was the sweet goodies that Josh baked fresh every morning (or so he said). It was hard to know when Josh was being straight or joshing you. After a few days you catch on. In the middle of our time at West Glacier we came back to the lodge for an overnight and this time the reservation was made by Montana Raft. They had mistakenly reserved only 1 room for the 3 of us and the rest of the rooms were booked. After a little discussion, Josh volunteered to move out of his room and sleep in town for the night. He and Loretta quickly went to work to make it ready for a guest who had not yet checked in allowing us to go straight to the showers in the available rooms. This was really appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family