“Great Family Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glacier Raft Company

Glacier Raft Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Located directly outside the West Entrance of Glacier National Park, we're West Glacier's most experienced rafting and fishing outfitter. We offer 1/2 day and full day whitewater, scenic and fishing adventures on the rivers that border Glacier National Park. We have the best safety record of any raft company in Glacier country. We're also the only Montana river outfitter with access to the Great Bear Wilderness and the Upper Middle Fork of the Flathead River. Give us a call and let our expert reservation staff help you book the perfect adventure for you and your family!
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Family Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had a wonderful overnight raft trip with Erik at the end of August. Water was rather low, which was just right for our son to get some thrills but not get scared. Erik was a wonderful guide - knowledgeable, funny, great cook and great with our son. The food was fantastic, campsite scenic, tent roomy and hot coffee divine when we woke up. All in all, a fantastic family trip with a very professional guide and company. Thank you!

McKinney, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was an experience well worth the money! The Company is professional, instructive and entertaining. Our rafting guide, Chris was a great sport and pleasantly interactive. September isnt a time known for raging waters, yet we still had a great time!

Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Awesome rafting plus beautiful scenery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family visited Glacier National Park in August and went river rafting for the day. What a fun time! We got geared up in the morning (wet suits and booties were available but it was hot, so they weren't necessary) then took the bus to our takeoff point. My 8 yr old son and 12 yr old daughter were a bit nervous since they'd never gone river rafting, but our guide, Travis, was wonderful. He gave us a safety lesson first off and made sure everyone understood what to do. The rapids were fairly tame, which my son was glad about. Travis was very knowledgeable about the area and we could tell he really loved the area and loved what he did. We did the all day rafting trip and lunch was served; it was delicious, and there was plenty for everyone.

The only negative thing I'd say about this trip is that it was a little long for my 8 yr old, so if you have young ones, the 1/2 day trip may be a better choice. Otherwise, great trip, highly recommended!

1 Thank TheZackClan
San Francisco, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Great Trip, but Rapids were pretty tame”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I don't love river rafting - ever since my first time with class 4s and 5s, it was a bit much for me. But my husband really enjoys it and said this one would be more low-key so I was up for it. It's a great, different way to see the park. We had a nice trip, the bus ride wasn't too long and it's nice that you get back to right where you started without having to take another bus. I should say though, the rapids were very tame, even for me. The first half (so the first couple miles), is really calm so you're paddling a bit and it takes a while. All the rapids are on the second half and again, they're not big at all. This was fine by me, I could have had it a bit more exciting, but I just want to include this info so people know what they're in for. We had several very nervous people on our boat, which seemed so funny after it was all over. This is a great option for families though. Our guide was great and overall everything was really well-run.
We did the half day in the afternoon, and while it's really hot, the water is freezing and it can be cool in the morning. They have wetsuits (not necessary when it's hot), but they also have water shoes you can rent for like $3 if you didn't bring any sandals. You can't wear flipflops.

Orem, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Me and my boyfriend had so much fun kayaking with Glacier Raft Company. They get you all geared up, and then when you're on the river the guide tells you what the upcoming rapids will be like and he waits with the raft at the bottom in case he has to pull you out. We got stuck on a rock in one of the rapids for a few extra minutes, and they all waited patiently for us at the bottom. If you kayak you will get wet, so get a wet suit and booties from them. They also have a camera man waiting at one of the wettest parts, so you'll get the chance to buy some good pictures.

Visited September 2012