“Had a great time”

123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 447 helpful votes
“Had a great time”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I took a 1 hour flight on a four person helicopter which included the pilot as one of the four. It was cloudy the day we took off but I still got some really great shots! It is a bit chilly high up especially mid-September and it had snowed the night before. The snowcapped mountains were grand indeed. I wore a fleece jacket with a long sleeve shirt underneath and I was not too warm or too cold. I brought gloves but did not really need them. I do wish the windshield had been a tad cleaner as some spots got in my otherwise great pictures.

They have a very nice establishment with a huge room to wait in with a TV and couches. I say this mainly because if you are with someone who does not want to fly with the rest of the group or maybe you arrived early, then they have a comfortable place to wait in. One last thing, someone earlier had been griping because they got weighed. If you are a heifer just say so. I don’t want to be going d-o-w-n because someone was too embarrassed to tell their weight. It is what it is and they have the right to ask!

I really like this company and feel they are professional on all levels. I will be back to Glacier and would love to fly again with these people minus the clouds.

5 Thank HazelEyesFromTN

So Cal
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Worth it!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This one hour tour of Glacier National Park was a peak life experience.

The facility is first rate, with beautiful ground facilities. The helicopter was a 4 passenger that was quite comfy, and had huge perfectly clean and unscratched windows for great views or photographs.

It was unclear to me how the groups are put together. We called, requested a one hour flight at 11 AM. Since there was not a group at that time, they wrote us down for a group, and managed to fill up the 11 AM slot with two other passengers by the time we arrived the next day. I would suggest calling ahead and being flexible. However, during peak season, there are many flights available.

The flight itself was spectacular. Initial visibility was somewhat hazy, but at altitude in the park, the lighting was perfect.

Since I sometimes get a bit of seasickness, I expected that I would have to occasionally focus on the horizon. That never happened, as the flight was mostly completely smooth with an occasional bump.

4 Thank Tecolate
Melbourne - Australia
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“A must do attraction”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic tour, a great pilot who was very informative and very proud to be showing off his "work place". We took the half hour trip which cost $125 with three other people. We were given great views of the valleys, lakes, waterfalls and of course the glaciers. If you are looking for a great, make this a must.

1 Thank Wardies4
Portland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So Amazing.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recently had the privilege of meeting Jerry of Glacier Heli-Tours and taking an amazing trip over Glacier in one of their helicopters.

Service: They were amazing. Accommodated our request perfectly and at very short notice. Didn't have a group scheduled for a 30 min tour the next morning (on Labor day weekend!) but they made it happen and kept our spot. They're chill people and even kept my frozen drink in their office fridge during my ride.

Content: They said "you'll see more of Glacier in 30 mins than most people do in a lifetime." It was entirely true. Felt like I was in national geographic and an Imax nature movie. Best part of our 4 day Glacier trip by far.

Who: Took this ride with my girlfriend and another group. Girlfriend is afraid of heights but she never felt unsafe and loved the ride (had never been in a helicopter). Would recommend this to families, friends, groups, couples and anyone with eyes really.

Go to Jerry and let his team take care of you. Worth it. Will try the 1 hr next time to see even more. This is the way nature should be viewed!!!

Thanks,

-Mike

1 Thank tremblaymike
North Carolina
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Best way to see GNP”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was an amazing experience. You just can't see the park's entirety from the car. The helitour takes you over the entire park, seeing too many glaciers to count. The pilot was extremely knowledgable answering questions about the park - including history, geology, and recent events. We had 20 mph winds during our flight, but the ride seemed smooth. We took the one hour flight, and I would recommend it. Even at one hour, the time still goes by fast. Front seat is best, but any window seat will do for photos. You can open a small window to get good photos unlike other heli tours we have taken where you have to take photos through the glass.

Visited August 2013