“Great Reubens!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in West Glacier at the Village Inn. This place was close by, it was late and we were hungry so we tried it. I knew nothing about it at the time. We had a great experience. The reuben sandwiches were delicious and the fries were hot and tasty. The service was quick and efficient. I read the reviews already published just before I wrote this review and was surprised. We had no problems. I guess different days, wait staff and entrees make quite a difference. I hope this restaurant heeds the reviews and makes some changes because we know they can get it right sometimes. They did the evening we visited

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Eddie's is a reliable place for a burger, a beer and a chat. Friendly and relaxed, open late, easy-going. After filling up, take a stroll down the street and along Lake MacDonald for a beautiful view.

1  Thank NDCGlobetrotter
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went to Eddie's with my wife and son on our way through Glacier National Park. After reading the previous posts about Eddie's we were hesitant. MAN WERE WE WRONG!!!

We knew that it was the end of the season as everything else had already been closed down. Apparently this place is the only restaurant that knows that people come after Labor Day.

Once inside we were welcomed by a waitstaff that were happy to talk with us about our travels and theirs. I got the Buffalo burger, it was perfectly done and a neat treat being in Montana. My wife got the Fiesta Salad with chicken. She loved the salad so much she had to personally tell the chef. My son's food was adequate but what really made him happy was the crayons and coloring book the waitress brought to keep him occupied.

Other reviewers must have been tired from a long day's hike because I did not have a problem with service or food. In fact they were both the highlight of our trip. Maybe people should look up from their anger filled trips to realize what a gem in the crown of glacier this place really is.

1  Thank Gerald B
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Ordered the meat loaf and it was horrible. I believe I was served some ground beef...it had the consistency of little hamburgers...well done. I don't think the cook knows what meat loaf is, seriously..and it was the special tonight. It was $10.95 and not served with anything but one side (I had a little salad). This place is a trap and nasty. By the way..the Huckleberry dessert is excellent. Get that.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Since we stayed in Apgar, walked over to Eddie's to grab a quick bite to eat after a day of hiking. The service was extremely slow - a lot of groups got up and left after being seated, We both ordered a burger - it was so bland and overcooked and the french fries were ice cold. I realize that there are a lot of flies in MT but there were so many dead flies all over the window ledges - looked like they had not cleaned the place in months. I would never recommend this place to anyone. It was really disgusting.

Been to Eddie's Cafe & Gifts? Share your experiences!