“Glacier Guides provided me many great Montana moments”

Glacier Guides and Montana Raft
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in West Glacier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Glacier Guides and Montana Raft is celebrating its 35th year of guiding Glacier National Park adventures! We are an eco-conscious company based in West Glacier, Montana, offering whitewater rafting, scenic floating, hiking, biking, backpacking, fishing, equipment sales and rentals, and lodging, in and around Glacier National Park. We also operate the quiet, cozy Glacier Guides Lodge at the west entrance to Glacier National Park, and have a charming Guest House available for family escapes. We strive to provide exceptional, interpretive adventures in the Glacier National Park area, while always protecting Glacier’s unique ecosystem. Our focus on safety and preservation is unequaled, and underlined by the fact that Glacier Guides was chosen as the exclusive backpacking guide service in Glacier National Park, by the National Park Service, from 1983 to present. Let our experienced guides show you Glacier’s secrets, from its pristine whitewater and scenic rafting rivers, to its 732 miles of delightful hiking trails, to its backcountry huts, Granite Park and Sperry Chalets. Join a scheduled half, full, or multi-day trip, or let us customize a private Glacier National Park adventure just for you and yours. Anglers, inquire about our Fly Fishing School and Five Day Smith River Exploration, too! Visiting us in the spectacular shoulder seasons? Learn more about our exclusive guided, interpretive biking tours on the closed-to-vehicle-traffic portions of the Going-to-the-Sun Road, and other roads within the the park. We are located on the Gateway to Glacier Trail and rent bikes, too. As we like to say: you won’t know if you don’t go!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Glacier Guides provided me many great Montana moments”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Professional top notch operation. Spent three days in the backcountry with Dre and Brant as my guides. Professional, knowledgeable and attentive. Recommend highly for a backpacking adventure

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“White Water Rafting Down The Flathead River”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a fantastic experience white water rafting with Glacier Guides and Montana Raft Co. The fitted us with wetsuits and life jackets before we left on the bus ride to the launch point on the river. Our guide, Kate, was very knowledgeable and went through the safety rules with us before we set out. The rapids were fun even though we all got wet. My daughter jumped off the raft into the river for fun. The scenery was spectacular. Just a great, fun, reasonably priced adventure. I would definitely recommend this.

Visited June 2013
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Super entertaining”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We were with a Backroads group and had a large group with a bunch of kids (young teens). They managed it all super well. The rafting was just enough to be exciting for the kids without going over the top. Really entertaining guides.

Michigan
“We'd Go Again!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I did a half day whitewater rafting with Glacier Guides and Montana Raft Co on Saturday, July 6. We had never done this before and I researched online prior to taking our vacation to Glacier National Park - only to find that this company had really good ratings. Everything was smooth; from the time I made reservations over the phone to checking in the day of and getting ready to set out on the river. All the staff were friendly and fun. Our guide, Bryant, was very knowledgeable about the river, wildlife, and surroundings. My husband and I had so much fun, we'd go again for sure, and of course with this same company! Another perk - this company buses you TO the river and also BACK to the main lodge. Not every rafting company does that.

Port Vincent
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I booked a half day raft trip for ourselves and visiting family (a total of six including two children. The staff is knowledgeable and we could not have been more pleased. Sarah, our guide, was very personable and created a fun atmosphere for us and the 12 and 14 year olds. I wouldn't consider using any other company in the future.