“Perfect experience.”

Comfort Inn Near Gila National Forest
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had the perfect experience. Good room, good service. i will choose this hotel again when I'm in town. Silver City is growing and this hotel makes it easier for my family to visit relatives and not have to worry about where to stay. It will be the hotel we choose for all of our visits. Dave

Room Tip: All of the rooms look good.
2  Thank David V

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hi,I was hoping to get a survey of sorts, but all too often the negative is reported and not the positive. I just wanted to drop a line to let you know I was extremely pleased with the sincere excellent service I experienced at my stay this week-end, Mike, Natalie and all the other staff were very professional and friendly, and I have traveled and spent more money at supposedly superior hotels which do have the finer ammenities, but are at a different level of resort, and the closest service I can compare is that which I recieved at San Diego's Torrey Pines Hilton Famoliy as far as service goes, so value your employees as they did a fine job and will have our familiy's repeat business.

Thanks again,
David

2  Thank David Y
Reviewed July 17, 2012

i went to silver city for a family trip and i stayed at comfort inn very nice hotel the desk clerk angela i belive was her name, very friendly she had alot to tell us about silver city. the room was very clean and beds were a lilttle hard. the hotel staff there in the morning was very nice and made us feel like we were at home. next year were staying there again.

1  Thank jenny b
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Visiting Silver City for family reunion. NOt much choice in hotels in this small town. Got a room with that same leaky faucet rm. #115- hello how many people have to be notified at front desk? Do guest really want to have workers in a room once they have checked in? NOT ME. IT's hard to believe no one else complained about this leaky faucet before we checked in Exhausted upon arrival, my fault should have check room before taking it. Once settled in room, strange smell, in bathroom. I discovered shower curtain was smelling terrible, sour rancid smell eeeha. Told male attendant at front desk. HIs response was ,"no one had ever asked for a shower curtain to be replaced. " So I told him you smell it and tell me it doesn't need to be replaced. Was this a difficult request for a hotel that's over $100. per night.

/ Linens were not changed every night. IF you have no choice but to stay in this hotel, BEST you bring your own linen for bed. Linen is so thin and almost transparent. DOesn't appear as if the quality is even discount store sheet. If you can't bring your own linen for bed, my advise is request several sheets to place over matteress and a couple of pillow case. Oh, yes Lucky we got clean towels. I dropped a tad of mascara on sheet in my bed and same sheet was there upon our return from town. Floor was not vacuumed because small litter remained on floor that was there when we left the room to go out. Housekeeper wanted to know if we wanted our sheets changed? Yes, I think so, when I saw her in the hallway, by the way leave extra sheets. it would be great to sleep on clean sheets when one returns to room after a long day. Anyone who decides to stay in this hotel, if you have allergies, do yourself a favor and take a filter to place over air conditioning because they are not cleaned or vacuumed, doesn't appear as if there are any kind of filters system on air conditioner in room. You could actually see the dirt. so be warned. IF I ever decide to return to Silver CIty, might go check out the remodeled Eco Lodge next door,it might be in better shape. One redeeming thing, Breakfast was decent and their staff was very attentive. Great waffle machine. Good Luck to all who decide to stay here,

Room Tip: Check the room out first before you take it and ask for extra sheets
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank olliveoil
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for selecting our hotel as your hotel accommodations. I am sorry to hear that you were not assisted in a prompt and efficient manner. Your feedback will allow us to review our cycle of service and eliminate unnecessary delays to our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your feedback, we look forward to assisting you in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We would highly recommend the Comfort Inn in Silver City as the best choice for excellent accommodations, consistently courteous and friendly service, and a reasonable price. The daily breakfast, the warm cookies served each night, and the friendly reception area makes you feel like you are home. Added benefits are the lovely remodeled large swimming pool and hot tub room and convenient, well-lit off-street parking.

Room Tip: When making a reservation, make sure you include any special preferences/needs. We prefer a downsta...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SueCain734
Reviewed May 10, 2012

After reading some reviews on TripAdvisor, I was a bit concerned about staying at this hotel. Upon arrival, they did accidentally give me a room that was already rented and I noticed it as soon as I walked in, there were other people's stuff in the room. Fortunately, they weren't in the room at the time and I was able to just go down to the front desk and get my own room. They have wonderful NEW 32" LED Televisions that work great, would be nice if they had HD in the rooms though. The staff was very friendly and the manager Carol was very helpful in telling me what was around the area for sight seeing. Unfortunately, I received notice from my airline that my flight out was cancelled and I was forced to take another flight a day earlier. The bad thing about this is that the hotel went ahead and charged me for a room for the night, even though I hadn't touched a thing since housekeeping cleaned the room. They could have easily re-rented out the room that evening and not charged me, but I guess that's just their policy. The bed was a little stiff, but not uncomfortable. Overall, I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to others who are visiting Silver City. Their rates are very competitive as well. I can see why they have many repeat visitors.

Room Tip: They have a couple of suites with seating areas and one suite with a jacuzzi in the room. Next time...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank William D
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Room was nice but the bathroom sink faucet was spraying water. The switch cover by the door was cut short and not chalked which gave me the creepies like bugs could be living in there. I did not have a bug experience however. I did not like the lack of climate control in the room. I went for a jog got back and was messing with the ac unit and nothing was working. I realized that the room was controlled externaly. Not to mention I had to pay 10 bucks to park in their lot with no security guard. Total bs it is not that big of a city.

Room Tip: Bring money for parking and be prepared for an anal front desk staff.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnSilverCity, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Near Gila National Forest, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Dear Derek,

We have checked our system for your stay and could not find your name in Comfort Inn Silver City NM. There are 4 other state has same town (Silver City)

Our hotel has individual air conditioner unit in each rooms not central air conditioner. We have plenty of parking spaces and do not charge fee ever.