“How a midrange hotel can be exceptional...”

Holiday Inn Express Silver City
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am staying in this hotel for ten days and nights. I have enjoyed exceptional attention and service here, from daily hot breakfast to flexible service on my room, and from provision of special requests to delivery of mail. I have felt quite at home here!

Room Tip: You will need to ask for a room with a microwave and a fridge...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am happy to hear that the staff has provided accommodations to meet all your needs. If there is anything else we can do to enhance your stay please let us know.

I do hope you will be able to come back and visit our establishment after renovation is completed.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The HIE had a very friendly and helpful staff. They had a list of restaurants with detail about the kind of food served and could provide directions and recommendations. They have a cute way of telling how to find the hotel--It is behind Wendy's on the way into town. The hotel is near the road to Gila Dwellings National Park and about a mile from the town's business district.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mrjack37
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I hope you will be coming back to enjoy the area and our new look once renovation is completed.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I came into town for business without a reservation and by chance saw the HIE sitting behind a Wendy's. The front desk was quick to check me in and even asked which floor I wanted. I chose the top floor and was given a corner room with a king size bed. The room was large and clean, with a comfortable king size bed. I thought the property was fairly new until I saw the previous reviews. I must have gotten a remodeled room as it was well appointed and fresh looking. The corner room had two windows on two sides of the room, I liked that, made the room seem more open and home like. I have stayed at other hotels in Silver, and I have to say, this was the best room I have found.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they are probably the best their!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James C
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are still in the progress of renovating, so hopefully you can experience a whole new hotel when you return to Silver City! It is with the help of reviews like yours that will allow us to make any changes that need to be made to accommodate our guests.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The checkin was very quick and efficient. I wanted a quiet room and got that. The room was very clean as it should be. It was what I needed for a quiet night's stay. The only tricky part is that the hotel is behind the Wendy's and thus I passed it by. Had to call the hotel to find it. Maybe I am not observant enough?

Room Tip: Tricky to find at night. Look behind the Wendy's.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Edwin N
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is with the help of our guests and these reviews we are able to make any changes necessary to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

It's so nice to pull up each and every time I'm in Silver City on business and know that my room is ready - clean and all things functioning, and that check-in and out is going to be painless. Just a great crew that provides quick answers, a great breakfast, and a worry free stay every month.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here while on business in Silver City. Staff was very helpful and polite considering we stopped in on Thursday evening with no reservations.

Our room definitely needed cleaning and updates (I've watched too much Hotel Impossible lately) which is why we provide POOR ratings on cleanliness and rooms. Bathroom was marginally clean (excess hair lying around) and the tub needed replaced as it had two cracks in it that had attempts to seal it with a brown sealer (looked a little scary). The carpet in the room was definitely in need of a refresh or deep cleaning and the lamp that was on the hot switch was hit or miss.

The wifi in the room was nice and we had no issues using it on our iPad.

50/50 on whether or not we'd stay here again although there are few choices in Silver City.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Southwest_Gaucho
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am with you on watching Hotel Impossible. Please know that we are going to be starting a renovation in the next couple of weeks. I do hope that you will come back to see our new look and feel. We will be adding twelve new rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, a grilling area and a fire pit for star gazing. We will also be renovating all aspects of the current hotel. If there are any concerns that you saw that you have more input on please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Desk clerk was very nice and gracious and our stay was good , we were there for a State Conference for two nights , the full breakfasts were very good, the rooms were clean and beds were comfy, I slept well and was ready for each day of the conference.We had a pleasant stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business