“Consistently poor quality, poor service.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wrangler's Bar & Grill

Wrangler's Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 78 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Consistently poor quality, poor service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Gordon Ramsey needs to come and overhaul this restaurant! We've gone here several times hoping to get a good meal& have left disappointed more than once. Hamburger meat is always over cooked. Asked the server if we could order the meat cooked to or liking and were told she could ask cook but doubted he would do it. Which tells me that meat is precooked and held in warmers. Tri tip sandwiches are gross, inedible with dry overcooked meat that looked old. DON'T BUY GIFT CERTIFICATE here..if you don't use all of it on one visit you've lost the remaining balance because they won't give you change for the difference or another gift certificate for the difference. Another way they rip you off! Isn't this illegal? Management was standing and eating in full view in between seating people. Management has a consistently rude attitude as if its a bother to have customers. This place is horrible!!!

3 Thank mgns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Consistently... poor.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

As a local back home visiting family, we went to eat at Wrangler's. I've eaten at the old location in Arenas Valley and this was my first time at the new location. We were seated promptly with drinks brought promptly and our order taken. I was told that the "prime rib" was good. The wait time for the food was ok, but upon receiving my plate, I noticed what looked like a flank steak with a third of it consisting of fat. Was expecting to have my steak medium rare as asked, but when the "prime rib" is a quarter of an inch thick, it's probably hard to make medium rare. Not wanting to wait longer for the dinner I ate what meat was available on the steak, the whole time noting that the waitress came only once to ask if we needed anything. Upon finishing dinner, I asked her to please bring it to the attention of the manager about the quality of the steak, which resulted in a $0.60 change in the bill. I'm not looking for a free meal, and have paid $20-30 for a true prime rib, but left feeling like this place does not care about quality or service. A cut of meat like that should never be given to a customer in the first place, and I'm sure a good chef or cook would be insulted to be putting out such food. Disappointed that there is limited selection here makes dining out in this city provides minimal options, but there are places, like the Buckhorn, which will do much better. Hope some changes are made soon, or it'll be the same story for this restaurant as several others.

• Visited December 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“A delightful surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was visiting from out of town and stopped in with my dad on a Sunday evening.

I'm a pescetarian and was worried that I would find something to eat. We were seated promptly and our order was taken. The server brought cheese bread to our table right away. It was warm and delicious.

I ordered trout and a baked potato. The trout was grilled and seasoned perfectly. The baked potato was warm and came with adequate toppings.

Our server was attentive. I can't speak for my dad's hamburger but he didn't leave a bite. We stayed and finished watching the game and she even offered us a refill after we paid the bill.

• Visited November 2011
Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We've eaten at Wrangler's several times over the last few years, both here and at the old location. We've had ok food here, and we've had really bad food here. The service is pretty consistently poor. I just can't figure why it always seems busy. Still we returned from time to time. This week was the straw that broke the camels back. Four of us ordered, food for three came, with apologies to the 4th. One of three was inedible with too much salt, so sent back. New plate was just as bad. Last meal came when everyone else's food was either eaten or sent back. Waitress complained about kitchen, apologies a whole bunch, but still charged us full price. We won't be back and do not recommend.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank mandre
Silver City, New Mexico
“Not the best place in the west”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have gone there a couple of times since they moved and have been very disappointed, but then again some of our friends have gone and have had a good experience. Overall, though the locals mostly agree that the management doesn't really care about the speed of service, the quality control on the food, or really if you come or not....so we are not going again. The food is very inconsistent and the staff really seems to lack the training, plus, living here we here a lot of not favorable things about how they don't care about their employees. I would not recommend this place. I would suggest Diane's, Sheveks or Jaliscos for nicer places to go. It is a sports bar, so there really isn't a substitute.

• Visited August 2011