Gila Mountain Inn
Quality Inn(Silver City)(Great Value!)
$102
QualityInn
Motel 6 Silver City(Silver City)
$55
Motel 6
$119
Hotels.com
Murray Hotel(Silver City)(Great Value!)
$99
$115
ComfortInn
$69
Copper Manor Motel(Silver City)
$56
Palace Hotel(Silver City)(Great Value!)
$82
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Motel(Lordsburg)(Great Value!)
$44
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I thought I'd already reviewed this property, but I do not see it. I stayed here in August of 2011 and it was the only motel in my price range that had a vacancy at that time.

The good news was that the room was clean and the motel was close to where I was working that weekend. Period.

I also try not to write overly-critical reviews. Most small motels are family-run businesses that hard-working folks but their butt to be successful. Good help is hard to find and so on.

I stay in motels nearly half the weekends out the year on business and am more concerned about cleanliness and security than I am about luxury, I try to be reasonable in my expectations. Having heard comments about this motel from colleagues, I set my expectations very low. Silver City Rodeway Inn failed to meet them.

I enjoy a firm mattress, but the bed was hard. Not firm; hard. Not solid but unyielding. The bed was not unlike putting a fuzzy blanket on top of a casket-sized piece of concrete.

Two lights in the room worked. The others either had a burned-out bulb or no bulb at all. I called the desk to request that someone please fix the lamps in my room and waited. Eventually I went to the office myself, and after another long wait, took some bulbs back to the room with me. One or two of them worked. The TV had very poor reception on the very few channels it offered. The motel had either cable or satellite, but few channels actually displayed. I did not see where more choices could have been available if a fee was paid.

The bath towels and wash cloths stunk and the bed linen had permanent stains. The one ice machine in the entire facility spat out a couple or three cubes and quit.

If I find myself in Silver City again when all of the low-to-mid priced lodging is booked, I will either skip a meal and cough up an extra few bucks or commute from Deming before staying at the Silver City Rodeway Inn again.

Room Tip: Keep driving down the street. There are plenty of other motels.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Gunrnr
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I don't know about the other travelers woes, but my wife & I had a great time. When we checked in, March 2012, the GM Sonya was so nice & helpful regarding places to go & see. Our room was clean & neat. I ran into staff members,(2), while getting ice from the ice machine. Each greeted us with a smile & asked if everything was OK & if we needed anything. The microwave & fridge were clean & in working condition, as there was the ironing board, that we didn't use. The outside was pretty well lit up at nite & the parking lot was clean. In fairness, the motel was maybe 1/3 occupied, so there wasn't alot of public traffic. The next morning, the free breakfast was well stocked, warm & delicious. Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, hot & cold cereals, beverages ...and a lot more to choose from. The AM front desk person, Lonestar, was a great help. When the hot water ran out for my wife's oatmeal, he quickly got the hot water from a microwave in the office. Those are nice touches from people who really care about their customers.
Now, for some things that could use some improving-- Google Earth placed this location next to the Comfort Inn about 2 miles away, so we had to track it down; an electrical plug was hanging from the wall & should be secured; the TV needs an onscreen guide & the shower head was loose & should be tightened. These are very small problems compared to what others complaint about.
We had a very good motel experience & hope you do, too! I would recommend this Roadway location to our family & friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed July 12, 2011

First the good: Location is fine and rooms are clean.
Now the bad: First, in order to get to our room we had to drive through an alley-like passage through a huge puddle of dirty water, on which the other side lay a large piece of lumber with nails in it. Then we had to drive over 2 sections of mud and raised sidewalk complete with stairs. Had to walk through mud to get to the door - mind you.....there is a drought right now, so not sure where the standing water came from.

Second - even though the sign in front advertised micro and refrig, the room had neither. Nor did it have a coffee machine, blow dryer or iron. The furniture was very dated, and the room fairly small.

Third, the staff was constantly right outside the door sweeping, talking loudly, and other things we could not recognize. It made me feel very uncomfortable because the door did not seal tightly and we had no idea why so much was going on right near our door. There was also constant stomping up the stairs and overhead.

Next, all of a sudden the room was filled with fumes. It smelled as though someone was using a propane grill right outside and the smoke was pouring in.

Lastly, although advertised as a handicapped room, the handicap features amounted to 2 bars in the tub....that was it. No bench or step-in shower.

In 3 weeks of different motel stays nearly every night, this has been the absolute worst one.

I joined TripAdviser just to warn others to stay away.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Felinda59
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Sorry, I really try to not write bad reviews but this hotel is one of the worse places I have ever stayed at.
Advoid at all costs, the beds are extremely hard -sleeping on the floor would be more comfortable. There are no drawers in which to place your personal belongings, no blow dryer, no coffee maker, no microwave or refrigerator. I do not believe in this day and age that a hotel can make it without the basics and I consider the above basics...
I will say that the hotel for the most part was clean, but that is the only good thing I can say.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mortyrandd
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Our stay was during the week between Christmas and New Years. This hotel is basically for sleeping and showering. No extras were provided. BE AWARE when staying here that the rooms do not have a blow dryer or in-room coffee maker. We stayed for two nights in a King Bed room on the bottom floor. For toiletries, we were provided two bars of soap and one shampoo per day (no lotion, conditioner, etc). The room did have a microwave and refrigerator. The mattress was on the firm side, but otherwise a good night's sleep wihout a lot of noise (the hotel didn't have many guests). The TV, heater, and warm shower were the best part of our experience.
The "continental breakfast" was very scant and we had to get breakfast at the Shell station one morning. What was provided: One pot of coffee (no decaf choice), two cold cereal choices, 2% milk, orange juice, bite-sized cinnamon rolls, and a small variety of danishes. That was it! The breakfast area has one table with 4 chairs. Very small for a hotel that has so many rooms. The clerk at the desk was the one who restocked the breakfast area, so if they were busy and the food ran out, we had to wait. I've been to other Rodeway Inns and this was the worst so far.
On the Choice Hotels list for Silver City, this was the cheapest hotel. You get what you pay for, so don't expect much.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple