“Very good food, great service”
Review of Red Barn Steakhouse - CLOSED

Red Barn Steakhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We drove from Deming, NM to Silver City, NM (about 52ish miles) just to have dinner. We chose the Red Barn Family Steakhouse and were not disappointed. The food was very good, the atmosphere was quaint and the service was excellent. Definately would go back if I was in the area.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I was a bit disappointed in the quality of their 'famous' ribeye steak. I had hoped for more of a "steakhouse" quality, but got more of a blah taste. It was overcooked and the place looks more like a hole in the wall diner as opposed to a steakhouse. Oh... and if you want a salad with your steak, it's $3.00 more?!?! I thought a salad was "standard" at a steak house. Maybe I'm just wrong?

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Well I guess it's just not my kind of food. Salad bar is minimal.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Service was really good. Think its a bit pricey for quality of food (5 shrimp cocktail price $8.99). Salad bar was not bad- very average though and nothing really stood out. More of your typical fare than anything. Salmon was EXCELLENT- grilled to perfection! Veges were good too. Hi lite of night was definitely the service.

1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed April 25, 2012

In full disclosure, my husband and I are not big steak eaters, but we gave the Red Barn a try anyway. The food was not bad. They had a salad bar, and you could choose to order all-you-can-eat salad at one price, or just one trip to the salad bar for a lower price. My husband ordered all-you-can-eat salad, but then ended up only making one trip to the salad bar. He asked the waiter to alter the bill to the cost of only one visit to the salad bar. The waiter would not do that. (We took the difference out of his tip.)