“Don't go anywhere else in Silver City, NM for breakfast!”
Review of Adobe Springs Cafe

Adobe Springs Cafe
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Open everyday from 7-3. Breakfast is served all day on Saturday and Sundays, dinner hours are from 5-8 pm Monday - Saturday
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Drooling as I am writing this, I can only begin to tell you how scrumptious the oversized the Southwestern Breakfast plate was this morning... piping hot and perfectly-seasoned hashbrowns, bacon, green chiles, cheese topped with two eggs to your liking... YUM!!! Their coffee is a reliable big mug of freshly made Folders... The pancakes are divine! Fluffy, moist, crispy on the edges. Better than ANY I have eaten outside my mom's kitchen!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fact: I arrived at 12:04 for lunch. Fact: Our order was not taken for 30 long minutes. Fact: We did not get served till 1: 12. Fact: Our orders came piece meal so that 2 of us were half finished eating before the others got served. Fact: Our orders were super simple-- sandwiches or soups round the table. Fact: When we finally did get our orders, many many details were forgotten so we could not eat properly. The bread ordered to go with the soup (extra$$) never came,even upon 2 requests One of the drinks entirely forgotten--plus MANY other little things. No sugar for coffee--2 requests & never came till someone got up to hunt it down. Etc.
FOOD: My sandwhich was AN ALL BREAD SANDWICH with LESS than then 1/4 inch of food between the bread that barely covered half 1/2 the bread surface. It had one tiny, tissue thin piece of meat and a truly negligible piece of cheese, all for $8.00-- plus tax. Oh yeah--the single leaf of lettuce that came with our sandwhiches were wilted & soggy. Fact: of the choices that "CAME WITH!!!" the sandwich, I ordered salad, and then was charged nearly a $1.00 EXTRA. The waitress said "sorry, the cost of lettuce went up."
So my Bread on Bread sandwich cost $10 before tip.I would have gotten nearly 3 times as much food at Viki's or Dianes.

THIS WAS A TOTALLY DISMAL RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE.

Summary: A TOTAL RIP OFF. The over one hour wait would have been insane if I had to return to work on time. FOOD WAS BAD AND TOTALLY OVERPRICED. The service sucked--mostly cz there were only 2 waitresses for a full lunchroom.

The worst part of this experience was the chairs were arranged so that the waiters had no room to pass my aisle seat, tho if the tables were better placed, there'd be lots of room. They bumped In to my seat over and over again. That was awful. I am thin and was tucked in all the way.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had lunch with a friend at 1:00 pm. It was fairly busy. Service was a tad slow but tolerable. The acoustics are strange because it seemed really noisy with people talking and my friend and I felt like we had to raise our voices a lot to hear each other and we were at a small table. I ordered a vegetarian sandwich but the waitress came back and said they were out of cucumber and avocado. Many entries stated avocado so I imagine that caused them some grief. When I got my carnivorous sandwich with not only ham but a slab of chicken and pineapple, it tasted good and was huge. The sweet potato fries were perfect!!!
The parking lot is tight during lunch rush so if you decide to go, consider parking up behind on 17 which is a one way or try Juniper to the west. This is a popular place for some locals. I hear they are in the process of getting their license to serve beer and wine. For now, their coffee is very good. It's worth a try.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Wow talk about slow. we had to sit for fifteen minutes before had to "interrupt" a waitress, at a table full of them, for our beverages. now you would think they would know who is taking what table. we saw people come in after we had placed an order get theirs before us. and by the way the reason i order eggs over easy is to dip my toast in them. Toast comes to late to still have warm eggs. shame on you! limited menu and high prices. pretty sure we won't be back. you know fyi im a big tipper for good service and never leave anything under $10. i didn't leave one to this waitress we never saw her again once the food was delivered except when i had to find her again at "their" table.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had dinner with friends here recently. The portions were quite large - my friend ordered a reduced portion of pasta and it was huge! I had the coconut shrimp - nice size shrimp and really tasty. Served with nice crisp veggies and wild rice. Prices are reasonable for the amount and quality of food.