“Not the best Mexican in town”
Review of The Jalisco Cafe

The Jalisco Cafe
Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We ate here the night of the Christmas parade and were very disappointed. They didn't take reservations. Service was friendly but s-l-o-o-o-w. It took over an hour for us to get our food--in a Mexican place! I'm sorry but the old "a big party was ahead of you" excuse just doesn't cut it. The food was OK, the ambience was OK, nothing to write home about. We had much better food from the trailer across from the visitor's center and Don Juan's Burritos up on 180. I was also turned off by the right wing propaganda on the front window and the "we support concealed carry" sign that somehow didn't make me feel any safer eating there.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I travel to Silver City a couple times each year. I love good Mexican food and so I love the Jalisco Cafe. It is great food, reasonably priced and with great friendly service. I love when people enjoy their work and the staff here is a pleasure to watch as they banter back and forth with each other. They work well as a team. This is a very nice place to eat. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Dan R
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I ate at jalisco with my wife and child, had a pleasant experience. The food was delicious and authentic New Mexican with generous portions. They also were flexible with the children's menu. Would go back

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Have eaten here in the past before I started reviewing on TA and the food is still good. If you're not used to New Mexican food and New Mexican chiles then definitely try the sauces before you order as the menu suggests.

Our waitress provided very good service, was cheerful, and helpful. The food was very authentic and tasty. I had the red chile enchiladas and they were very tasty. The red chile had good flavor and the right amount of heat and was definitely not out of a can. The chips and salsa were flavorful as well and there was a good "kick" to the salsa. My wife and I decided to eat a small desert and our waitress suggested the creme brulee. We were not disappointed.

The only suggestion I would have for the cafe would be to invest in some new decor and dinnerware but then again that is what provides some of the atmosphere here in this cafe.

We will definitely return and would suggest Jalisco's to others.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stopped here for some great Mexican food and that is what we got. Our waitress Suzanne(?) had a great attitude and was very attentive. The other staff were also helpful and courteous. The food was delicious too! Will definitely visit again.