“Great mexican food!!”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We wondered in to this restaurant on the recommendation of two people we met on the street. They told us we really have to try it, because it was the best; and they weren't kidding! The portions were good sized without being obnoxious, and the staff was really great. Very helpful, friendly and conversational. The food was tasty and delivered quickly. We would put this at the top of places to go to again!!

There are newer reviews for The Jalisco Cafe

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food here was AMAZING! The server was older and inattentive to us but the food made up for the service. I would definately stop here again for a meal. Good for family, for business, or for travelers.

The atmosphere is very casual.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

After looking at the list of Silver City's top restaurants, this one looked the most like good home cooking without the frills, pretentiousness, and the ridiculous HIGH prices of "boutique" restaurants (is that what they're called?). Wanting just a simple meal without having to take out a loan for it, I walked myself over to Jalisco's. Nice breezy walk down Bullard Street downtown! I ordered the Tostada Plate, which seemed overwhelming when it was served but was actually nice-sized. The guacamole was definitely hot, too hot for me bc I'm a lightweight. The service was excellent and the ambiance was even better. The price was good and I'd def recommend Jalisco's over anyplace else that ranks above this.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've eaten here many times over the years. My favorite dishes are; the red Chile Combo plate, and The Green Chile Bowl. The rice is the my favorite in all of New Mexico. A little pricey, @ $9.00 for Red Enchilada Plate, not including drinks. You must try the sopapillas!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here before about a year ago and it is good as it was a year ago. The guacamole was prepared fresh and had a nice kick with the jalapeño mixed within. Another exceptional item were the enchiladas with the green sauce. Warning, the heat of the sauces can vary day-to-day. You may want to sample before placing your order.