“Relaxing gracious getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver City
Georgetown Cabins Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Silver City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days and one night in a perfectly appointed cabin that felt more like home than home itself. Our host was very knowledgeable of the fascinating history of Georgetown itself. There is more than ample hiking areas to explore and, when the wind is blowing, there are many fascinating booklets of the area to read in the cabin. Cooking on the easy to use outdoor BBQ/oven made the trip more fun since we didn't have to go anyplace to eat. Great lounging areas inside and on the beautiful outdoor porches where you can listen to the singing trees was ever so relaxing. I will make this my 'go to' retreat anytime I need to get away. It feels so far off the beaten path, but is actually quite close to the main highways. We came for our anniversary and were very impressed. Thank you Susie and Jon!

Room Tip: The bed was so comfortable and the soothing sounds of the area led to a wonderful night's sleep...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PamU742

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed two nights, with the primary objective of visiting the Gila Cliff Dwellings, (which were well worth the time to tour). The six cabins are comfortable, modern, well-equipped and well-supplied lodgings, worthy of a better title than "cabins" implies. They were built in 2009, on the side of a hill overlooking the site of the late-1800's silver-mining town of Georgetown, about five miles from the nearest paved roads. The views of rolling hills are spectacular and the silence is awe-inspiring. Each cabin is isolated enough from the next for complete privacy. Sue greeted us warmly, showed us how everything worked, gave us a bottle of Jon's home-made wine--and then left us alone.This is the perfect place for a getaway from city life with the one you love...

Room Tip: Branning cabin is the highest up the hill, and therefore has the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Georgetown Cabins for a week and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It's a small, cozy resort with beautiful cabins and very friendly owners. It's so nice to wake up to breath taking views out your windows. All you see are trees and hills and it's truly an amazing site. You feel like you are really away from it all which we all need. Jon and Susie pay close attention to detail in all they do....from the white robes tied with a ribbon to the treats they leave for you to snack on which is truly that, a treat, not something they need to do but they do to make you feel at home! I also loved winding down at night with the fireplace glowing, stepping out onto the wrap around deck with my cup of cocoa, the large salt water soaking tub outside and the beautiful outdoors to go for a walk. I thought a week would be too long to be away from my kids but I wanted to stay longer! This place is topnotch....can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

As I go to New Mexico several times a year, for an extended stay each time, I was thrilled to find Georgetown Cabins. The owner/hosts have become good friends and are a joy to deal with and know. The privacy, amenities and views are un-surpassed in the Silver City area. Each cabin is very comfortable and well stocked with books on local history, DVD's and information on local attractions. The large salt-water soaking tub, with its amazing views, is a very nice bonus.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

At the margins of the Don Juan de Oñate's Chihuahuan Desert and Aldo Leopold's Gila Wilderness, these cabins lie in a region rich with history. Within miles are Mimbres Mogollon archaeological sites, evidence of Spanish conquest and their search for gold, Civil War forts, and 1880's lust for silver. These cabins sit near the middle of one of New Mexico's largest ghost towns. The history speaks to you while overlooking scattered piñon-juniper, agave, and cactus from the privacy of your own deck. The cabins were built using sustainable technologies that minimize your footprint on the land without sacrificing comfort. While there my daughter and I ate Jon and Susie's grass-fed criollo beef and drank local wine from grapes grown along the Mimbres River. It's New Mexico enchantment without the kitsch.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I love visiting New Mexico and thought we had seen it all until we stayed at the Georgetown Cabins back in Feb of 2012. I knew by the photos that I seen before hand that the place was going to be nice but wow! The entire cabin is run by solar and natural gas. The cabin was perfect for us! An awesome modern cabin with all the frills but yet still makes you think you are alone in the wilderness! The fire pit at night was very nice ! Got a bit cold at night in Feb but worth the view of the night sky! We totally enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to when we can come back! TripAdvisor has no Feb 2012 date but then is when we stayed, not in march.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I arrived at Georgetown Cabins Resort quite by accident, with absolutely no expectations. Susie and Jon graciously allowed this smelly, grungy CDT thru-hiker to stay in their beautiful, pristine cabins. They were so clean and well kept, that I instantly felt at home. The amenities that helped round out the experience included a warm fireplace (particularly nice on the snowy day I arrived), books, magazines, Satellite T.V., and DVDs for diversion, and a full kitchen. The view from the Cabin's deck was spectacular. But more important then all these were the hosts, Jon and Susie, who went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and at home and saw to it that I was safely back on the trail the next day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo