“Real Food, fresh and tasty....”

Millie's Bake House
Ranked #14 of 80 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 1, 2014

An excellent lunch, complete with some of the best desserts I found in Silver City. For a small, casual bake house, the menu offers a good variety, generous portions, incredible baked goods and best of all, a friendly staff. The chocolate sundae pie was every bit as rich as it looked, and was great to split.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I ate here for lunch. We ordered the egg salad sandwich, veggie panini, veggie sandwich and mozzarella and basil panini. Absolutely out if this world. Owner/baker/chef came out and visited with patrons. Great to see a small business like this. This restaurant is in an old historic house and only had about 6-8 tables. We heard breakfast gets very busy. But you could get your food to go and eat in nearby parks.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Millie's is a small bake house with good quality product. She is very customer service friendly and will make you what ever you would like for breakfast as long as your patient and wait. It is mostly just herself with one or two extra helpers on the busier days but if your not in a rush it's worth it.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

But frankly not unusual. The food WAS just like your Grandma would make in her kitchen, very homey, casual, much better than fast food, but not top cuisine. I has a veggie sandwich, red onions, avocado, tomatoes, a slice of cheese, mayo, on wheat. My companion had a hot Reuben which looked a little thin. He said it was ok. Bagged chips ( you choose), and tea rounded out the lunch. From what I gather breakfasts are standing room only; sadly we didn't get there for that. I had to try a pecan square from the bakery case which looked like a square bar cookie topped with pecan pie filling. It was ok, but seemed to be lacking something, maybe more vanilla or salt? It was definitely a pleasant experience, (thank you to the young lady singing while she worked!), but not sure I'd make a special trip to eat there.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Went to Millie's Bake House for breakfast and found the egg sandwiches to be LARGE, hot and delicious, the service to be fast and charming (whoever was singing in the kitchen has a remarkable voice), and the cupcakes every bit as delicious as I'd hoped when I saw how pretty they looked. (I'd hoped the external attention to cupcake detail indicated a similar attention to flavor, texture and moistness-it did: this was the best cupcake I've had in a couple years.) The space is comfy-well worth a stop in.