“Liked everything about this restaurant”
Review of Tre Rosat Cafe - CLOSED

Tre Rosat Cafe
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer casual fine dining.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Food was very good and interesting, including some interesting pizza. Good beverage choices. Will make a regular stop when visiting Silver City.

1  Thank Jane G

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Travelin' Jack, New Mexico's Roving Bulldog Reporter and I are always on the lookout for pet-friendly travel spots...and that includes Dining Spots. We had Tre Rosat Cafe recommended to us, so we thought we would check them out. Their patio is Pet Friendly and so is their service. As soon as we entered the shady patio setting, we were greeted by the waitress who welcomed us with a menu and immediately returned with a big bowl of water for Travelin' Jack. Shortly after that the Chef came out to welcome us and I selected two Appetizers matched with a nice beer on the Chef's recommendation. He was spot-on with the selections. The two appetizers became a complete meal, and a very tasty one at that. I enjoyed the Fresh Fish Tacos, complete with a nice slaw, fresh pico de gallo and guacamole. Served on a wooden plank platter, the presentation complemented the flavor. I would definitely order this again, either as an Appetizer to be shared or as a stand-alone entree. BUT the big surprise was the 2nd selection. The Chef recommended the Creamy Polenta and Cherry Ragout. The name does not do it justice. This is a melt-in-your-mouth delicious dish. The creamy polenta balls, lightly toasted with a nice crunch were filled with melted goat cheese, which literally melted in your mouth. Placed on a bed of a flavorful cherry and radish ragout, it adds the perfect slightly tangy compliment to the polenta balls. This is a to-die-for delish appetizer. I enjoyed going back and forth between the two dishes, washing each tasty bite and flavor down with a cold lager brew. A perfect light but filling summertime dish to enjoy as the sun set over another great day in Silver City. And the fact that I could relax on the patio in the company of my favorite pooch made it the perfect choice of a casual but great dining experience.

2  Thank 60933Jill
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had an overnight stay in Silver City while on vacation in New Mexico recently. We stopped in for dinner with the kids after a long drive. The food was excellent and the service was good. Everyone was happy with the stop. Nice find after a long day.

1  Thank Jeff w
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently had one of the best meals of my life in this restaurant. I chose the pasta alfredo with chicken and it literally melted in my mouth and was a very large portion of yumminess!! The pasta was also hand made and prepared with perfection. My white wine was nice and cold too. We had a party of 5 for dinner and shared the bacon wrapped dates for our appetizer........unbelievably delicious! And they also have the best fried green tomatoes on the planet! I had been there a couple of days prior and had the pizza which was perfect. the crust was thin and crisp and the toppings were amazing. I can't say enough good things about this cafe. The staff are friendly and I didn't have to wait long for my entree. I highly recommend Tre Rosat as a MUST whenever travelers are in Silver City!! Thank you to all! Ricki

1  Thank Ricki S
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I met some friends here for lunch. We live here. This place is such a treat for all of us. It helps that I lived in Oregon for 25 years and the owners went to college in Eugene, OR. Check out their website, if you haven't already. The food is freshly prepared, locally purchased when possible and organic. I had the southwestern, cobb salad which was wonderful. Their wine list is unique and my chardonnay from a vineyard I had never heard of but it worked me and my friends! We went at 2:00 in the afternoon so got great service. Silver City is blessed to have this culinary addition and it will surely give a few of the other establishments a run for their money. The punch line is, they serve duck! I plan to try that on my next visit.

1  Thank Adrienne H