“Consistently well prepared food and thoughtful service”
Review of Tre Rosat Cafe - CLOSED

Tre Rosat Cafe
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer casual fine dining.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have eaten numerous times at Tre Rosat. We were heart broken when they lost their lease on their first location and anxiously awaited their new location on Bullard. These are 3 energetic culinary professionals that did most of the renovations themselves. They retained the important historic attributes of the building and designed a nice relaxed space without going crazy. The owners are passionate about their food and have the culinary talent to pull it off. They are also always present and attentive to both the kitchen and dining room. They have some of the best servers in Silver City and have attracted them from other topnotch restaurants in town.

Everything is made in house; their specials are always interesting and well prepared with appropriate sides. The white chicken chili is to die for - just the right amount of kick. The pizza is some of the best I've ever had - light and crispy without too much topping to weigh down the airy crust. The variety of burgers you don't see any place else; Kobe beef, duck or veggie (the most interesting mélange of vegetables) served with homemade sweet potato chips and homemade condiments.

Dinners have been exceptional: a sizeable juicy bone-in pork chop, Coq au Vin that was as good as a French restaurant I worked in for many years, a different lasagna preparation each day. The portions are just right and I always find room for dessert. The dessert offering is small but everything is outstanding. The chocolate mousse cake is to die for and has many variations - sometimes with raspberry sauce, crème anglais or ganache and often garnished with powdered Nutella or raspberries. The first time I had it, I dreamt about it for weeks ( I have to confess that I am a pastry chef and am quite fussy when it comes to desserts).

As far as bang for the buck, it can't be beat. The wine list is small but thoughtful and fairly priced. They have an interesting 10 ounces pour that suits us perfectly. All in all, our favorite choice in Silver.

1  Thank Laurel J

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We didn't experience too much...2 soups and 2 desserts. Some of the options weren't taken into account because they sounded like some Italian dishes that we were pretty sure we would have been disappointed. The chicken soup was very tasty, while I was told the tomato one wasn't so. The desserts were ok...I bit expensive, if we look at the other prices.

managementtrerosat, Owner at Tre Rosat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your review however I am a bit confused. Are you rating our food because you "probably would have been disappointed" with our Italian food? We make all our pasta and pizza doughs from scratch daily. In addition we also make all our sauces ( pesto, marinara, etc.) from scratch. Our menu is quite eclectic and does have some unusual combinations but I would encourage you to try them anyway. I'm also sorry you felt the desserts were expensive however they are also all made in-house and high quality chocolate is pricey. Finally if you had told one of my servers that you were unhappy with the tomato soup we would have been more than happy to substitute something else. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We often decide to order two desserts and share them without deciding in advance which dessert actually belong to each person. Most of the time this works out and we equally (if not happily) share. This was not the case at Tre Rosat.

We stopped in here to have dessert one cold night recently, telling ourselves we needed the extra calories to keep warm.

Tre Rosat doesn't have a dessert menu but we asked for a list of chocolate desserts. The waitress told us they had a chocolate mousse cake but only had one order left. She also mentioned Red Velvet cake so we decided to order a piece of that too since trying to share one dessert just seems sad. We told ourselves that most Red Velvet cake has a smidgeon of cocoa (what can I say, we love our chocolate) and that would make everything alright.

The Red Velvet cake had a cream cheese frosting and was quite good, although I always find the distinctive red color off-putting. The texture was moist but not too wet and had just the right frosting to cake ratio.

The chocolate mousse cake, on the other hand, was some of the best we have ever had. Each bite was a not-too-sweet, dark chocolate, creamy bite of perfection.

So if you like to "share" dessert as we do (ok, we are lying here, we force ourselves to share), you may find yourself with a version of Dirty Harry.

As you each reach for the next bite, you will ask each other, “do you feel lucky?” …or do you want to save yourself and give me the last piece?

1  Thank Chicharone
Reviewed December 21, 2013

After reading TripAdvisor Reviews and receiving recommendations from several local residents, my wife and I decided to have our only dinner in Silver City at the Tres Rosat Cafe, centrally located on Bullard Street. Our choice was an excellent one. We had a great dinner, received very personalized service from Nikki and Megan, and totally enjoyed a relaxing evening at this restaurant. Our servers and the chef did all possible to make sure this dining experience was a memorable one for us.

From the many menu items, we each ordered a dinner salad that included the choice of a variety of "house-made salad dressings." We then shared an appetizer of fresh vegetables appetizer in a tempura batter and the restaurant's spinach lasagne entree. All three items included lots of fresh ingredients, arrived at our table beautifully plated, and, most importantly, were delicious.

For this dinner, our menu selections and amount of food selected were perfect. We enjoyed a variety of great "house specials" and were "comfortably full" at the end of our three-course dinner. Unfortunately, we were too full to sample one of the restaurant's famous home-made desserts, but will look forward to returning to the Tres Rosat Cafe to sample them and other menu items at some future date.

1  Thank CPGTheATeam
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Don't miss this wonderful restaurant. The owners/staff are warm and welcoming and the food is absolutely delicious!

1  Thank M L