“Burritos Spoken Hete!”

Don Juan's Burritos
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting the area and one of the locals recommended this little place. You place your order at the drive-by window and go to the order side of the building and pick it up. No tables or dining here, just take out. Happy to say our Burritos were really good. Definitely stop in if you want a great Burrito.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I remember this place when I first moved here and it was at the intersection of Broadway and Hwy 90. It didn't look like it would pass a health inspection even in New Mexico but they made darn good breakfast burritos. More than a decade and a couple locations and price hikes later, Don Juan's is still twisting up some mean burros for a decent price. I can't think of one person I've known in this town who doesn't like Don Juan's burritos. I've had a couple over the years that didn't meet my expectations but for the most part, they make a reliably consistant product. Juan, the owner is one of the hardest-working entrepeneurs I've ever seen, especially in this town where the words, "hard" and "work" rarely go together. He used to make rounds to local businesses in the morning and lunch, pushing burritos packed in coolers from his car. Sometimes the line of cars at the little drive-thru burrito shack are too long to stop and I'm surprised the city hasn't shut them down due to the traffic issues they sometimes cause but they make the best dang chicharron with pico de gallo I've ever had. The roasted beast machacas are yummy too! They're fast, pleasant and affordable and you just know Don Juan is a lady's man :-)

Reviewed October 20, 2012

If I'm redundant (3rd review) it's because Don Juan's is so consistent. Year after year we visit Silver City on our southwestern wanderings - and year after year our first stop is not at one of the fine restaurants for creative, clever cuisine. That's for night time pleasure. When we arrive we want comfort food - great burritos made fresh and served fast. That's Don Juan's.

Other than one more thank you to the fine folks there are two more informational reasons for this review.

First, careful readers will see that I stated burritos are $3.50. I don't want to be misleading, This is a warning - prices have increased - all the way to $3.75!

Second, though this is a drive-through place, they do accept walk-throughs. We have a motor home and park it on the street for convenience. It's an odd, but not unpleasant, experience to get into the service line among the autos and motorcycles... one just has to walk-through with confidence!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you just want to pick up a burrito... place to go... drive thru is a bit awkward, but the wait in line is worth it for the burritto. One of my favorites is the chili relleno burrito.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a burrito. It was delivered fast, hot & delicious! Place your order at the window that faces street drive to the back and pick it up. Easy.