“Best Restaurant in Silver City”
Review of 1zero6

1zero6
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve Pacific Rim/Fusion and Italian Fusion. Open Friday night thru Sunday night. Daily scratch menu. Shopped and cooked fresh daily. By reservation. We have tried unsuccessfully to remedy this, but ... Do not use the "menu" tab to find menus, it is NOT the current menus. Go to the web site as we have a daily scratch menu (menu that changes daily) and our email is on the web page.
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My wife and I go to 1zero6 regularly so I thought it time to post a review. We have eaten at Jake's 1zero6 for several years now and have seen it grow into a Fodor's choice restaurant. The ONLY one in Silver City.

There are other places, but, for excellent food served in a unique atmosphere with one of the nicest CHEFS on the planet...don't let that harried look concern you...Jake is focused when he's in his restaurant....there is NO other place in town that does it like Jake does nor nearly as good as Jake does. A good meal, in my opinion, is one where I get food that I can't make myself and/or tastes so much better than I can make PLUS the atmosphere and the people who work there. When all of that comes together, as it does at 1zero6, that is a good meal.

Jake does it every weekend. Six tables, one chef, one server (Jeff..who also adds to the atmosphere) and a comfortable atmosphere where customers actually talk to people at the other tables even if they don't know them....check it out. It is good.

1  Thank USCgrad1978

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Based on the rave reviews on Trip Advisor, we reserved our Sunday night meal at 1Zero6. I was prepared to be disappointed since the rating was so high but I was wrong. When we arrived at 6:30, we were greeted by Jeff with "you must be Steve and Janet" which was correct. Although the place is small, it is not crowded. The tables were large and there was plenty of space between. The menu is different each night and is very creative. The night we were there it was Asian Fusion which is a favorite of the owner/chef. Out appitizer was little rice cakes formed into bowls stuffed with shrimp, coconut, scallions, and a coconut custard. Wonderful! My main course was shrimp in a red Thai curry with pinapple. My wife had pork wok fried with orange juice, fish sauce, and spices served over crispy noodles. Fantastic! They don't have a liquor license, so we brought our own wine. The dinner was very reasonable in price particularly since the wine cost was not included. This place is so good it is worth a trip to Silver City just for dinner. Caution: Do not go without a reservation! Jake posts the weekend's menu on Thursday morning so please contact him (e-mail) with your dinner selections. This is a small place that uses only fresh ingredients, so when they are out, they are out. When I was at work I traveled all over the world and this ranks as one of my 5 favorite resturants in the world!

1  Thank OldCajun
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Everything about this restaurant was excellent and fun - it is small, the menu is limited, and they don't have a liquor license. Sometimes all that would be a negative but here, it only enhanced the experience - small size meant intimate dining and personalized service. The limited menu meant everything was cooked to order - and who cares about a limited menu when everything on it is superb! No liquor license meant we got the experience of going to the snappy mart nearby to purchase their most expensive bottle - $9.12 for an okay australian pinot noir. Though next time I might bring my own from home :-) My only compliant is that I was only there one night they were open so I didn't get a chance to go back another night and try that night's menu (it changes daily). My next trip to silver city will be planned around this restaurant's days so I can have the awesome experience more than once in my trip!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Almost didn't review this place because there's not much I can add. A very unique dining experience--when I called for reservations (on the eve of 4th of July), chef Jake answered and explained he was out shopping and therefore couldn't take my reservation. So I told him I'd call back later. When I did, I told him both my husband and I wanted the Russian chicken for our entrees. (BTW, he only had 2 openings left, 5:00 & 7:30, so I suggest calling a couple days in advance if you're particular about the time you want.) the restaurant is cozy, clean, didn't seem to have refrigerated air (not a problem most of the time in Silver), was eclectically decorated. Our food was great--we started w/a shared appetizer, num kroot, I think it was, little shrimp-filled rice tarts. So good we were fighting over the last one! We both enjoyed the chicken, you get an entire half, served w/amazing potatoes. Really, everything put in front of us was superb, you can't go wrong w/Jake's cooking. We split a dessert, don't remember the name, it was a Thai dish that reminded me of tres leches cake--extremely yummy and plenty for two to share. Jeff, the entire waitstaff, took great care of us (it's a two-man operation). We thought the prices were very reasonable for such high-quality, unique fare. To sum up, go online to Jake's web site, read what he's planning to serve up (he's only open Fri/Sat/Sun, I think, pick your entree and give him a call. Oh, and pay in cash for a 5% discount.

3  Thank nvholst
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We had dinner recently at 1zero6 restaurant in silver city,nm. The food was fabulous , a fusion of Thai and Italian. It's a very friendly place where customers are relaxed and eat with great gusto. Jake, the chef and owner is more than happy to tell you the ingredients of his dishes.