“Keeps getting better”

Shevek & Co
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Casual Haute Cuisine." A blend of International Traditional Mediterranean & Mediterranean Fusion Cuisines. Adherents to the Slow Food Movement- all dishes are made from scratch to order. Largest Wine Cellar and Microbrew & Import Beer list in SWNM. Italian Espresso. We buy local, organic, sustainable & humanely raised produce and meats with no hormones or antibiotics. All dishes come in 3 sizes to create the dining experience you desire. Enjoy the full Seasonal Menu in our dining room or have a selection of tapas in our Wine/Beer/Espresso Bar. Members of the SW New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce.Find us & Chef Shevek on Facebook, ChefShevek on Twitter or read Shevek's blog & get recipes at blogspot as thekissmethodgourmetCooking class schedule- taught at the restaurant- and the list of our canned foods are available through thekissmethodgourmet
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Embarrassed to say that (having lived in Silver City the past 5 years) we do not get to Shevek and Co. often enough. That said, we are able to really appreciate the changes/additions to the Shevek eperience. The menu has tightened up through the years (which I view as a positive) and, thankfully, continues the tradition of inventive variety and three size options for most dishes. The food is always well prepared and presented. The pace is slow, which they take pride in AND issue clear notice about. We spent nearly 2 hours at our last visit. The service seems to have reached a new level of excellence, which frankly, I didn't think was possible (it has always been far above the norm, even compared to "Big City" fine dining). Chef Shevek and staff don't "settle" for just enough. Our experience has improved with each visit. Bravo!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to Silver City to enjoy the Blues Festival, and dined every evening at Shevek & Co. the food and service were spectacular in every way. Our waiter told a story explaining each course, and there was absolutely nothing that disappointed! Flavors were incredible and each dish was unforgettable. Highly recommend this for a true dining experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I wouldn't have expected a dining experience at this level in a small town like Silver City. The menu is small, rather ambitious and well executed. Shevek's offers three sizes for each of their menu items--tapa, mezze and entrée, accordingly priced. I wish more restaurants did this. Good wine list, including some New Mexico wines, such as Luna Rossa and Gruet. Very professional staff.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

A great place after a long hot day in the park. The soup was lovely, carrot bisque then a great entrée, we are vegetarian, many interesting options. We ate there both Friday and Saturday nights, I especially like each item comes is 3 different serving sizes, if you are any where in the area it's worth the 60 miles off I-10. My husband and I camp and we eat the savings, we spend about $50 a person including wine, each visit. One of the best restaurants in NM HUM, I say one of the best restaurants any where.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I'm writing this as a frequent "eater" in Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Shevek is excellent in every regard. The service is attentive, the waiters don't interrupt when you are speaking with your friends, they just quietly take care of making sure you have plenty of bread, water, butter, olives, whatever. Each dish is exquisite. I went with three others and we each ordered three different things (tapas size), including a fairly expensive bottle of wine and four desserts. The bill was $164. I've spent that much for a dinner for 2 in Santa Fe and had a lesser meal. We are here for the Blues Festival, so the whole town is packed with people. We had reservations and got in promptly but the meal was served slowly and deliciously like a good meal in Europe. Recommend: Duck with marmalade and corriander reduction, the carrot cake, the cherry ice cream, truffle scented ravioli, smoked salmon bisque. Oh my......