“wonderful food and service”
Review of Shevek & Co - CLOSED

Shevek & Co
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Casual Haute Cuisine." A blend of International Traditional Mediterranean & Mediterranean Fusion Cuisines. Adherents to the Slow Food Movement- all dishes are made from scratch to order. Largest Wine Cellar and Microbrew & Import Beer list in SWNM. Italian Espresso. We buy local, organic, sustainable & humanely raised produce and meats with no hormones or antibiotics. All dishes come in 3 sizes to create the dining experience you desire. Enjoy the full Seasonal Menu in our dining room or have a selection of tapas in our Wine/Beer/Espresso Bar. Members of the SW New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce.Find us & Chef Shevek on Facebook, ChefShevek on Twitter or read Shevek's blog & get recipes at blogspot as thekissmethodgourmetCooking class schedule- taught at the restaurant- and the list of our canned foods are available through thekissmethodgourmet
Reviewed October 5, 2012

we had dinner here one evening when the restaurant was not very busy. we weren't sure what that meant. we still don't know. as the food was remarkably delicious. well seasoned, great selection, helpful server. a real highlight for us. the wine suggestions were perfect for our meals. one of us is a vegetarian and there were great options. the portion sizing was excellent so we could sample many dishes.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food at Shevek's restaurant is always good. I love the way they handle their menu. Everything but desserts are in 3 sizes. This way you can try items that you may not otherwise. Their food is Mediterranean which means very tasty but healthy. I also have to say the waiter we had was very knowledgeable about the wines, beer and food pairings.

1  Thank Evie D
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Place is fancy... didn't need or want fancy but they were open. We were the only ones there so attention wasn't a problem. Food was good, very good in fact. I'm torn on this review because it just wasn't what I wanted that night; but, it was tasty.

1  Thank bigtexchevy
Reviewed August 25, 2012

it's not just plain food... it's special. Sometimes I think they try to hard to impresss. It's not French. For a special meal... okay...
otherwise there are plenty of other restaurants that serve good food here.

3  Thank travelqueen88061
chefshevek, Owner at Shevek & Co, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoy our diverse menu and the quality of the food.
I am still lost by comments like we try to hard or give too much service as others have told me. Why is the level of service we are trying to give based on the type of restaurant we are- fine dining, though in your review it seems that because only some of our food is French we shouldn't go so far. Some people believe because the restaurant is in a small town we shouldn't give the level of service we give. When I go out I want an experience and that includes good food and service appropriate to the type of restaurant it is. We are fine dining with table cloths, lots of flatware and great wine glasses. Why would we not try to give superior service. We might not always achieve our goal, but I REALLY wish someone who feels we do too much or that we shouldn't even try would explain what is wrong with the attempt OR what we are doing wrong. It would help us give everyone better service if we understood.
With that in mind, please let me know at contact@silver-eats.com Thank you- Chef Shevek

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Every visit we make to this little boutique restaurant is exceptional. The menu is ever changing and never a disappointment. The Cognac Chicken was wonderful and hubbies filet of sole was delicious. It is worth the 200 miles to dine here. We enjoy visiting with Chef Shevek and Amberwind is always right on suggesting wine and beer to make this a gourmet event.