“The best restaurant in Silver City”
Review of Curious Kumquat - CLOSED

Curious Kumquat
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: James Beard nominated eclectic restaurant featuring fast, fresh and affordable lunches, and modernist foraged tasting dinners.
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The best restaurant in Silver City. Great food and outstanding list of beers. If you want to enjoy a dinner prepared with care and quality ingredients this is the place for you. The staff is nice and friendly.

1  Thank CarlaLuca
There are newer reviews for Curious Kumquat

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Finally: adventurous, delicious, thoughtfully prepared and locally sourced food in Silver City! The new dinners are not to be missed! Each course was not only beautifully presented, but so inventive my dining partners and I spent the whole meal discussing the merits of each and the impossibility of choosing a favorite (though the tuna with whipped honey-wasabi and the peach & brie nectar came close)! All the meats were so delicious and carefully chosen from local producers.

Cannot recommend the Cafe at the Kumquat highly enough!

Reviewed March 18, 2010

I was very delighted with the Curious Kumquat, which I understand just started serving hot dinners for dine-in. They use only local foods. The meal was prix fixe and well worth the price; I have paid more for mediocre food which is always frustrating, but when a meal is excellent, I enjoy splurging. I chose the pork belly blue corn tacos as my main dish. The first item brought out was bread, butter, and olives. Really good olives. Next was avocado ice cream with Mesquite blini (I think I'm spelling that right). All I can say again is delicious. Also there was amuse bouche - parsley sugar disc with local bee pollen and lavender. Next was the chimayo soup which the server said was sort of like a squash soup. Whatever it was, I loved it. Then came the tacos. The pork is cooked sous-vide style for 24 hours. The blue corn tortillas I believe are made in house. Other than not being quite sure how to eat these and I kind of made a mess, I was very very happy with this entree. The crema avocado that accompanied the tacos especially stood out.
Then, the dessert! A warm chocolate cake. Yum.

The service was wonderful. I stumbled across this restaurant from an ad in my hotel, and am very glad I did. They also have a shop with many international foods available for purchase. I hope this restaurant flourishes and locals and travelers alike discover it!

2  Thank skyeport
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I lunch there a couple of times a week - love the ethnic variety - never disappointed. Shop is wonderful and comes with 'helpful' tips. And, don't miss the homemade sweets! To die for! MaggyP

1  Thank maggyp0711