“Truly Incredible”
Review of Curious Kumquat - CLOSED

Curious Kumquat
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: James Beard nominated eclectic restaurant featuring fast, fresh and affordable lunches, and modernist foraged tasting dinners.
Phoenix
“Truly Incredible”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Simply put, this restaurant is amazing and a true gem in a town like Silver City. I am originally from Phoenix and have traveled all over the world, experiencing a range of delicious and savory cuisine, but this food is unlike anything else I have ever tasted, bringing fresh, local, and unique ingredients to create meals that are perfectly balanced and decadently fun to eat. If you really want to enjoy yourself, I would recommend doing the tasting where the chef expertly prepares four savory smaller courses and dessert in addition to the main entrée of your choice- I have tried almost all of the entrees currently on the menu and each is delicious. The sampler is a robust, well-rounded taste adventure and while enjoyed with one of their fantastic selections of wine or beer, you’ll feel like a true epicurean but with the added benefits of down to earth flavorings in the food and atmosphere. There is consistently wonderful, personable service from the charming and attentive waitress as well as from the chef, both of whom work together to meet the needs of the customer in a generous and gracious fashion. The chef clearly puts a lot of love and good feelings into the food, and there is a noticeable and refreshing attention to detail no matter what the dish. Overall, I would rate this restaurant with the highest of accolades and feel fortunate to have one of the best restaurants I have ever had the pleasure of eating at right here within minutes of where I live- A truly delicious surprise!

green valley, az.
“best of the best”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were thrilled by a wonderful meal. Everything was fresh, delicious and artfully presented by the talented and creative chef who has a passion for his craft. The Korean Elk and lamb dishes were terrific. And wait until you taste the homemade chocolate bon-bons! The service is perfect. It's knowledgeable, helpful and unpretentious. Great food, great service. We walked out of there very, very happy.

Palm Springs, California
“This Place Is Amazing!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Think of it as being the dinner guest of an excellent chef. Choose your entree and let him do the rest--just as you would at his home. There are lots of places where you can get a good steak or fried chicken. That's not what Rob (the chef) is about. Come here to experience something new and different--expertly prepared and delicious. For a special treat try the tasting menu--a foodie's paradise of flavors. We loved it.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Go here if you want to be treated like dirt.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food is very good but you won't have time to enjoy it before they try to kick you out. This place is disrespectful and insulting. I'm from NM & had always wanted to spend the day in Silver City. Our first stop was this terrible location. We had just come into town from some early fishing and although we were not wearing tuxedo's, we were not raggety looking either. But that didn't matter. All they offered us to drink was water. One of the kids ordered a pepperoni pizza & it came out WITHOUT cheese. I had not even taken a bite out of my gyro before the waiter brought my check and said "No rush." I will never go to this place. Their motto is "If you're not from here, we're going to kick you in the rear." I couldn't leave Silver City fast enough.

4 Thank J S
gfron1, Owner at Curious Kumquat, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I'm sorry you had this experience. You can see from the other reviews that this is not the norm. The pizza was my fault - we are used to accommodating a lot of special diets so when an order comes back that says just pepperoni, I assume that it means the diner is lactose intolerant (you'll remember that our crust is gluten free). This is a common order for us. Our server should have clarified and I apologize for that. As for you feeling rushed, that was not our intent at all. For lunches we get the ticket on the table immediately because the majority of our lunch diners are business lunches which means they want to get out fast. Our policy is to get the food on the table and then immediately bring them their ticket so they can pay if they want to leave before the server gets back. That procedure has nothing to do with dress or anything else - Silver City is known for its casualness. Again our apologies and we'll address these issues with our servers.
Phoenix
“tastey morsels”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Yet, morsels they be. Dont go hungry. Large assortment of beer and wine, limited menu of the rear and unusual. The 7 course unknowns are wee small tidbits, takes an evening. Choice of 5 or so entres, maybe lamb (one chop), or duck (equivalent of chicken thigh), goat (brown meat in gravy), served with chef's choice of dessert, good but no raves.

Visited October 2012