“Met my expectations for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Met my expectations for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just needed a place to stay overnight while visiting friends/relatives in Silver City. Econo Lodge fit the bill. It's reasonably close to town, less than a mile from the historic center. It was clean and generally comfortable. The wifi was easy to use and reliable. The heat/AC unit was powerful, but wasn't finely adjustable. The mattresses were very comfortable, but all of the pillows were much too thick and dense for us. All in all, just about what I expected for the reasonable but not dirt cheap rate that we paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeffrey R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

When deciding on what place to stay when visiting friends in New Mexico, they suggested all hotel/motels in the area. I was unsure of staying in Econo Lodge due to some past experiences. My friend stated she thinks a nice place. Well with my friends recommendation i decided to try it for one night. Boy was i amazed. The place was so clean and friendly. The staff made me feel like i was one of the family. I have stayed at may hotels, but i think this one is at the top of my list.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Victoria M
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is clean, quite, friendly to children. It has great pool. Breakfast if fulfilling all in all a great place away from home. Truly would stay again when I pass through.Staff were well informed about local places to eat and very respectful. rooms were clean and beds were just great.

Room Tip: Upper floor back side was very quite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank felicia s
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

When one thinks Econo Lodge one thinks low end of choice chain, this is not the case with this hotel. starting with the manager, Ms. Kilgore who greeted me with a warm smile and asked how my stay was going when doing what I assumed was her rounds in the halls. to asking if there was anything that she could do to make my stay better. her questions rang true like she really wanted to make sure my stay was as good as it could be. breakfast bar is one of the best i have ever encountered, see many in my travels this has to be the front desk staff was welcoming and had great thoughts when asked about local food the kid on the day shift Ben I believe his name was made sure I understood everything about the charges to my credit card, asked several times if there was anything else I needed greeted me with a smile and great manners. everything was clean, even the towels were bright white something you do not see to much of these days with so many hotels cutting corners I am so glad this Econo lodge has stayed the course and has earned it's second PLATINUM award in the choice chain, I stay at a lot of choice hotels I know the standards for this award are high and look to see when I travel if the city has a choice award hotel, because I know i will not be disappointed. on a closing note when you stay here check out the pool and hot tub two of the best maintained I have ever seen, very clean, safe and comfortable.

Room Tip: honestly I do not think there is a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank jim46307
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We used to stay here. Didn't mind (at times) that it was a little overpriced, outdated and the food made your tummy gurgle a bit, but now I will never rent from there again. When the customer service went down hill, we decided to stay at a different place down the hill. Ha! Rude manager and when we complained about a hazard and noise the woman who "helped" us was anything but empathetic. Enough is enough.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AugustSongbird
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

After the experience I had in this hotel I can only wonder what the criteria is for a platinum award. My daughter,son-in-law and 3 1/2 year old grandson stayed here for 2 nights. Whiie my grandson was in the pool we found a sharp and ragged plastic cover to a light fixture in the pool. My grandson cut his had on it. When I reported this to the staff on duty and later to the management I was told that they were not responsible for what customers did on the property. Many of the breakfast items were gone when we went to the breakfast buffet and when I informed the staff I was told that that is what happens when everybody decides to eat at the same time. When I spoke with the manager of the hotel (Rena) and told her I would not be staying at this hotel again she curtly replied,"that's fine, there is a Comfort Inn next door you can stay at." Folks, take her advice and stay there!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is the best Silver City currently has to offer. As another reviewer said, this could well be the best Econolodge in the chain. The beds are great. Take your own pillow. 2 nice flat screens in the suites. It's pretty quiet if you ask for rooms 117 up. Consider odd numbered rooms since they are opposite the highway. Breakfast is a step above with not only the obligatory waffles and cereal but sausage, bacon, biscuits etc.
This is a nice, newly refurbished place in Silver City. It is your best choice.

• Stayed February 2013