“Nice hotel but nasty pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
Vincennes, Indiana
“Nice hotel but nasty pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

This is a nice hotel with a great staff. Rooms are big with a semi separate living area, also large flat screen TV, microwave and microfridge in each room. Beds are comfy. I only have 2 complaints (1st) the pool is nasty it has green fungus like growing in several areas including the bottom of the pool. (2nd) The work out room has 3 pieces of equipment and one (the treadmill) is broke and when I asked when it would be repaired the gentleman at the front desk had a puzzled look on his face and no idea when someone would be out to fix it. But with that being said the week prior I spent at the Super 8 in the same town and it was the worse stay of my life. This hotel is so much better then other options in Vincennes, IN.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Elmo, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Very clean Hotel. All employees were great. Pool was wonderful. We had a great time and many thanks to all of the staff. We will be staying here again!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
chicago, illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

My Husband and I stayed here for one night while on the way to another destination. It was a pricey stay for one night but after reading the reviews of other hotels in the area it seemed the best choice. The front desk reception person was very nice, the room was clean and spacious and it was quiet even though it's also located right off the highway and by an Arby's and Burger King. It was very easy to find. We were approx a 5- 10 min drive to Vincennes downtown area where there are some shops and restaurants. The only complaint which is a small one, was that a piece of our beds headboard kept falling off the wall onto my Husband whenever he sat up to watch TV. We couldn't take it off because there were long sharp screws sticking out of the wall where it attached. It was a little bit of a pain and luckily we didn't get hurt.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

This was an as expected motel...we were in town for a 20th high school reunion of my partner so we really didn't come for the hotel. It was clean, staff was very nice, but they were very very short staffed. We found for example to seat on our room toilet barely hanging on, meaning when you "went" it was like a balancing act/carnival ride. We told the desk right away but they did not offer a room change and said "well maintenance is off for the evening..." so it didn't get fixed during out stay at all. It was not critical, but it would have been nice. Also I'd preferred a voucher to go to a real restaurant for breakfast. The hotel was packed with mostly over 60s and they "saved" tables int he breakfast room, meaning we had a hard time finding a seat and we had to work around those with "special requests" which was not the hotel's fault, just a fact of life during a reunion weekend. The plusses here outweighed the negatives by far...great fast WiFi, a flat screen TV which was new and a fridge (we'd stopped for apple cider on the way to town at Nesbitt's Orchard nearby) and the staff all smiled and wre super polite. I do wish they'd fixed that toilet seat though!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

I live in Vincennes so I haven't had many reasons to stay in hotels here. However I did recently stay at the Comfort Suites and my husband and I were both pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean, definitely a priority. The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable with upgraded bedding. There is a nice small indoor pool, and a pretty lobby. The staff were also very friendly at check in and check out and helpful at breakfast time. The breakfast is great for a freebie too, lots of choices. If you need a place to stay in our city I would highly recommend Comfort Suites as I think it will make our town look good!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

My family had an enjoyable stay here. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was that they charge $10/night for a crib. I have stayed a lot of places with my family (4 kids) and never been charged for a crib in all my stays anywhere. It wasn't even a nice crib. It was an old wooden one versus the new pack and play types you get now.

I found the selection breakfast average. I think they could use a few more choices. The food they had was good though. The breakfast room itself was also small. People were sitting out in the lobby a couple of the 3 days we were there.

Overall you won't find a better hotel in Vincennes so it is certainly worth staying at the Comfort Inn versus somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

Great stay. Best hotel in the area. Stayed one night for business. Front staff was great. Room was big with a semi-separated living area. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Super 8 Vincennes
Super 8 Vincennes
#4 of 7 in Vincennes

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!