“Adequate and aging”

Comfort Suites Vincennes
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Vincennes
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night, happy to be out of the rain pouring down outside. Our room was okay. The carpet had been patched, the hotels spare armoires were stored on the balcony, the fitness center treadmill had an unavoidable squeak. But it was a quiet room and the breakfast was good. If okay is okay for you, this hotel is okay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I applied to work here once and the hotel is very dirty the manger is rude and told me how to do stuff differently then the person who trained me and just DON'T STAY HERE all the the staff is rude and the hotel is so dirty.

Room Tip: Just Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank danielleherr
Andrew K, Owner at Comfort Suites Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I am sorry that you did not want to work here.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

When we made our reservation a couple of months ago, another reviewer stated that the hotel was being remodeled so we requested one of the new rooms. We checked-in to a newly renovated room and found it to be tastefully decorated with a king bed, partial wall divider, sofa and coffee table, and bathroom with granite countertops. All was not “new,” however. The drapes appeared to be old and the furniture looked like it had been there for a long time. The bed was extremely plush, and comfortable so we got a good night’s sleep. The carpeting in the hallway was definitely old and presumably being replaced by the absence of the base moldings on the walls. Breakfast included real scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and the usual hotel items you find everywhere. Overall, we were pleased with the accommodations but think that the $100 plus per night room charge is excessive, especially for the area and the unfinished areas of renovation.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a newly remodeled room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BionicOne
Andrew K, Front Desk at Comfort Suites Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for the review. We were delaying completing renovations due to the busy season. However, we are going to resume renovations.

I hope you come by to see the changes.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

In a city fully booked no rooms available situation, I found myself staying at this comfort suites.
The rate was a little high but it's the supply and demand game. The area could use another hotel.
Check in was fast friendly.
The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast spread was nice.
Standard Choice brand quality.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Andrew K, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for the review. I am glad that you like it here.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I stopped at this Comfort Suites. We checked in at about 8:45 pm. I had been riding a the car for 3 hrs. on crutches which they saw when we checked in. My husband went to get ice for me to ice my foot. All 3 ice machines were empty. My husband went to the front counter where the manager was training the new employee and asked for ice so I could ice my foot. After charging $120 for the room he was told by the manager that they didn't have any ice. He went to Arby' s right next door and was told people come over for ice all the time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our family has stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the past few years. Each time has been with sports teams that my kids have played on, having had tournaments in Vincennes. The hotel is always very comfortable and the staff is very courteous. Each time, we have used the breakfast area as a gathering space in the evening. Eating pizza, playing cards, socializing. The pool is also good for the kids to play in. Would recommend this for sports teams coming to the area for tournament play.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were in town for the high school reunion. We quickly checked in then asked the front desk attendant to call a taxi for us. We were told that there was no taxi service in Vincennes. The mother of the hotel employee was just dropping off lunch and heard our problem; she volunteered to drive us downtown to the pavilion. What great hospitality!
Several of our friends stayed in this hotel. All the rooms I was in were perfectly clean and remodeled. Everything smelled nice. The pool and hot were fantastic, and the fitness room was great. The lobby and breakfast area were new and clean and the breakfast was good.
Next time we stay we will get a room on the first floor with a private hot tub. That room was huge enough for several people to converse and move around.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends