“Definitely will stay here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
Mabank, Texas
“Definitely will stay here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were in town for the high school reunion. We quickly checked in then asked the front desk attendant to call a taxi for us. We were told that there was no taxi service in Vincennes. The mother of the hotel employee was just dropping off lunch and heard our problem; she volunteered to drive us downtown to the pavilion. What great hospitality!
Several of our friends stayed in this hotel. All the rooms I was in were perfectly clean and remodeled. Everything smelled nice. The pool and hot were fantastic, and the fitness room was great. The lobby and breakfast area were new and clean and the breakfast was good.
Next time we stay we will get a room on the first floor with a private hot tub. That room was huge enough for several people to converse and move around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seymour, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Three week stay for business, had to transfer to another hotel after two as this one was so bad. First room AC was broke manager kept insisting I just needed to turn it down more until I said come in and you can see the puddle by the unit. Room was around 80 with it set on 60 but it was me!!! Finally moved me after a vey hot miserable night. Curtains and sprinkler were coated with dust. Bath plug didn't work, I had a hand print on my mirror the entire time of my stay. Duvet covers had no duvets in them, My toilet worked but my coworkers didn't ( she had to be moved), the treadmill in the fitness center was broken... This list just goes on!
They are doing much needed renovation and despite making arrangements with the manager not to work in certain places at certain times...Those were always forgot the next day. Place was littered with drywall dust and as someone who suffers with Asthma this was a huge issue!! The place is littered with boxes , step ladders, brooms with dust that no one bothers to dispose of.
Like I told the manager when I checked out a week early, this hotel is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Due to a utility knife being left where any small child could of grabbed it, and just their complete lack of realizing that all of this is an issue ... If I could rate it worse than terrible I would.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Vincennes hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife & I stayed at this hotel during the Red Skelton Museum Grand Opening and decided to stay through the weekend. We were treated very well, especially by the lady running the breakfast area. We were running late one morning as she was extremely accommodating. I do agree with others that it is a bit pricey and I did inquire as to compensation(to no avail) when we returned to our room and the A/C was on 60 degrees.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel is obviously being renovated....wallpaper samples taped to hallway walls. Our room was okay. No problem with bugs. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Tub in bathroom could have used a little extra cleaning around "jets", but otherwise fairly clean. Breakfast was decent...the scrambled eggs were actually good. Overheard that the indoor pool was closed while we were there due to bacteria levels. What this hotel has going for it is a good location. We were able to walk to a really good Mexican restaurant for supper. There was also an Applebee's in walking distance. We had to walk through a busy intersection, but there was a signalled crosswalk.

Room Tip: We were travelling with bicycles, so we requested a ground floor room away from the highway. Very qu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

After a day spent moving out of our former apartment we needed someplace with A/C, a shower and beds for the night. We checked in sometime after 10pm and immediately all crashed for the night. Everything was fine until we woke up and found a bug on the wall in the bathroom. I immediately recognized it as a bed bug. Woke up the rest of the group to confirm and search the beds. Sure enough they were covered in them. Immediately went downstairs to complain and get a refund. We paid cash the night before and were offered $20 for our trouble. Unacceptable as we were going to be leaving everything we brought in with us (pillows, bag, clothes) to make sure nothing hitched a ride with our belongings. Manager did not want to come talk to us in person until we insisted. He still offered $20 until he and two of our group went back to the room to show him. We were given the full refund but the next day had the complete room charge on the credit card we were required to leave for "incidentals" Will be fighting that charge. Avoid this place at all costs. I would rather have stayed in our no power, 90 degrees inside with un-openable windows former apartment than have dealt with that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Stacey M
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you are in the Vincennes area and in need of a hotel, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Maybe after they finish remodeling(don't know when that will be) it will be worth it, but not until then. Let me tell you why: First, my room was definitely in need of a remodel. There were wires sticking out of the wall near the AC. The maid didn't really clean the room. I stayed in a king suite with a whirlpool excepting what is in the picture. WRONG. The whirlpool is a normal small tub with jets with handicap rails, and a switch to send water to what is supposed to be a shower head with a hose, but there is NO hose and shower head, only the place where it attaches. The only working ice machine was on the 3rd floor. The exercise room was out of order. The pool was locked down. I could go on, but will spare you. You can get just as good of a room for the same price elsewhere, so do it.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jacob B
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I did not have any big problems with this hotel. The location is convenient and the room was spacious. The bed and pillows were actually quite comfortable and I got a really good sleep here. The room had a sitting area, too. The price was very reasonable. I loved the spice waffle batter at breakfast! The only things I did not like were that the internet did not seem to work on my work laptop, and a pipe in the bathroom banged after flushing the toilet. Problem was solved by just closing the bathroom door so I couldn't hear it. All in all, if I was in Vincennes again, I would have no problem staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Super 8 Vincennes
Super 8 Vincennes
#4 of 7 in Vincennes

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!