“Go somewhere else” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
Houston, Texas
“Go somewhere else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been in Indiana over 3 months now and this is the most expensive property I have had to stay at. I had to wait on the front desk clerk to casually stroll in and act as if he were doing me a favor of checking me in. Then the keys didn't work the exterior doors at the end of the hallway where I parked. Parking is a bit limited too. Then the a/c blew very little air. The owner wanted to fix it himself instead of having it fixed by someone who is qualified. When I said I didn't want to be bothered while I was on the phone and lap top, he offered to move me but I was already situated. I could have moved (even though they had already said they were sold out) but I chose not to. He didn't feel I was inconvenienced enough to give me a discount or even return the call I had requested. This man is all about HIS profit.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Peru, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Needed a room without reservations. I thought the price was a bit high but it was probably because I did not book in advance- even though I did use my ChoiceHotel card. Good service, good breakfast, nice and clean bathroom, comfy bed, and pretty quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Auburn, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was staying here for a multiple day stay with various members of my family due to my step-father's funeral. During our stay, my sister-in-law and my self each had something stolen (me, iPod and ear-buds which was in a nondescript pouch in the bottom of my closed suitcase, she-iPhone charger which was plugged into the wall) by the housekeeper that cleaned our rooms (we were not in the same room, but across the hall). When we brought the issue to the general manager, he told us he would call her in so WE (my sister-in-law and myself) could address this issue with her. That's not our job we told him and he said there was nothing he could do. The front desk clerk and the room inspector both tried to help us with the situation. When requesting compensation (such as a free night) for the stolen items, the GM said no, because "you did stay here." The front desk personnel, Jennie, was fantastic and helpful. She apologized and did her best and got us the number for the police so we could file a report. We contacted the police who immediately came out to get a report. The housekeeper was brought in for questioning and did admit to stealing.

The GM does not have good people skills, in this same visit he came into my SIL's room basically unannounced, tapped on the door once and let himself in before they had a chance to answer the door or say "just a moment".

We WOULD NOT recommend this hotel and WILL NOT stay again. The Vincennes Police on the other hand, kudos to them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Vincennes hotels

Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I had an employee stay here briefly. She asked to be moved because she said the hotel was not very nice. We cancelled the reservation, but the hotel still billed for two extra weeks - claiming she did not check out and they had no idea the room was empty for 2 weeks. The employee checked out and I personally called to confirm. Management was not helpful in resolving the problem. I would not use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Carmel, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Musty smell as soon as you enter the lobby. Elevator and hallways smell strongly of mold. Rooms would be nice if carpet was replaced. Stains on sofa and the bedspread was that old dark gold hotel color and style that wad apparently designed to hide dirt and who knows what else.

• Stayed February 2012
Milford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

It is a very quiet hotel. The rooms were very clean. It smelled a little musty which a good airing out would fix. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank janimal1
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

My wife and I, along with another couple, spent two nights at the Comfort Suites in Vincennes, using two suites. Although the sitting area was a bit small, the bathroom was spacious and we found the desk staff to be quite courteous. There seemed to be two on duty much of the time. A pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Evergreen007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Red Roof Inn Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Super 8 Vincennes
Super 8 Vincennes
#4 of 7 in Vincennes

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!