“Critics are critics”

Red Roof Inn Vincennes
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Vincennes
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I'm staying there as I type due to work in the area and I must say I'm impressed. I'm going to be a critic of critics..first off stop whining by the lack of Egyptian leather couches or 1,000,000 thread count sheets,, my room faces a highway. People are just crybabies plain and simple. I have found that this hotel is genuinely awesome, does it have its downs, why yes but so many ups. HUGE rooms ( which could be filled in by some more furniture or so), very comfy bed, nice bath set up. I didn't try the breakfast since I never trust hotel breakfasts but it's a good stay and I'm still staying there.stop being so picky ppl

• Stayed: July 2014
Sheri S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our property! We sincerely appreciate guests who take the time to write a review. Bad reviews help us to do better and good reviews make our job easier. We strive to make sure each and every guest is truly satisfied with us!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Vincennes

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My gf and I came off the highway from a day trip to Evansville and we were exhausted just wanting to have a place to sleep. From the moment we checked in it was amazing! The guy at the front desk was personable and funny. It was good price, The room was HUGE, the bed was comfortable, and breakfast was wonderful as well. As we were leaving I wanted to check online for some info on turkey run, but the internet was not working, but the guy at the front desk tried multiple times to get it to work(great customer service) and then allowed me to use his phone to find out the information. And he also made a fresh pot of coffee for my girlfriend and he did it with a smile. It was a wonderful stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try hard to make sure all of our guests are satisfied with their stay. Thank you so much for your kind words. Have a nice day

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The room was nice. The bathrooms are way to small. Forget the breakfast - terrible. The coffee was not even good. Indoor pool was not heated at all. We normally stay at another chain hotel when we are in IN, but there was not one in the area. At the other hotel we got way more for our money. They did not even make sure the showe gel was filled. When reported nobody even offered to do it.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I am sorry you weren't happy with your stay. We hope you will come back and give us another chance.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

So often now, so called motels are really hotels with a large parking lot. Nice to have the car right at the door to avoid carting luggage a long way for just a one night stop. This is a fairly new build two storey motel with very spacious rooms, good beds, big flat tvs and is on the edge of town right on route 50. Quiet location and there are restaurants close by although you will need to drive. Good reception.There is a small indoor pool more for children than serious swimming. A really good overnight stay at a reasonable price

Room Tip: Have a room with a king bed on the first floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Sheri S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our property! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that if you are in our area again that you will stay with us again.
On behalf of our entire team it was our pleasure to make sure your stay was enjoyable as possible

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at another hotel in the area and found it to be dirty and generally unacceptable. I found out there was a Best Western and as a Gold Crown member, I look for similar quality when I travel. This was a good choice, clean, good water pressure, comfortable beds and close to my work location. A vast improvement over the first place!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Sheri S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to make sure our guests are comfortable and that they have a nice clean place to stay. We hope you will come back and stay with us again. Merry Christmas

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here Oct 21 and 22. The furniture is updated, the rooms large and although it's an old style hotel with your door facing the parking lot, it seemed decent. I stayed here because the hotels with the best reviews in town (Holiday Inn and Marriott) were full, and the other choices in town had horrid reviews including some with bed bugs. However, upon arrival I thought the room looked pretty clean and updated, but I pulled back the covers on the bed to find stained sheets covered in long and short black hairs. Yuck! I immediately went to the front desk and a wonderful employee came and not only changed out my linens, but cleaned the room while I watched/ waited. I chalked it up to bad employee being lazy and not changing the bedding and the one who did change my sheets was wonderful. However, while the room has new furniture and a large flat screen the sheets were threadbare. The second set actually had a small tear it was so thin and the pillowcases showed the stained pillows through the see-thru fabric. With limited choices in town, I stayed thinking that it wouldn't be so bad now that my room was clean. But on night two I found a cockroach in the bathroom. When I mentioned it to management, I got a "that's gross. Sorry, we'll call the exterminator." Needless to say with a cockroach I did not even try the continental breakfast as I didn't trust eating their food. If they upgraded the sheets and had no bugs I'd stay here again without an issue, but dirty sheets, a cockroach, and threadbare linens add up to if there's another choice, I'd think twice.

Room Tip: If you brave a stay here, ask for a room that faces away from the highway for quieter sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sherry C

I would like to sincerely apologize for your stay at our motel. This is not standard for us I can assure you of that. I am so glad that our housekeeper went above and beyond when cleaning your room in front of you.
We are under new ownership and a lot of things are changing here and all for the better. I hope if you are in the area you will give us another try

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Uninhabitable. Filthy, outdated, rude staff. A refund was refused, and I actually forfeited my charges. Do not stay at this hotel. There are many other opportunities in Vincennes, IN that are satisfactory. We ended up staying at the Comfort Suites and were completely satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. We are under new ownership and are undergoing a lot of new positive changes! I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you if you are ever in our area again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 3 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Vincennes? Share your experiences!