“Check that your sheets were changed!”

Red Roof Inn Vincennes
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
“Check that your sheets were changed!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here Oct 21 and 22. The furniture is updated, the rooms large and although it's an old style hotel with your door facing the parking lot, it seemed decent. I stayed here because the hotels with the best reviews in town (Holiday Inn and Marriott) were full, and the other choices in town had horrid reviews including some with bed bugs. However, upon arrival I thought the room looked pretty clean and updated, but I pulled back the covers on the bed to find stained sheets covered in long and short black hairs. Yuck! I immediately went to the front desk and a wonderful employee came and not only changed out my linens, but cleaned the room while I watched/ waited. I chalked it up to bad employee being lazy and not changing the bedding and the one who did change my sheets was wonderful. However, while the room has new furniture and a large flat screen the sheets were threadbare. The second set actually had a small tear it was so thin and the pillowcases showed the stained pillows through the see-thru fabric. With limited choices in town, I stayed thinking that it wouldn't be so bad now that my room was clean. But on night two I found a cockroach in the bathroom. When I mentioned it to management, I got a "that's gross. Sorry, we'll call the exterminator." Needless to say with a cockroach I did not even try the continental breakfast as I didn't trust eating their food. If they upgraded the sheets and had no bugs I'd stay here again without an issue, but dirty sheets, a cockroach, and threadbare linens add up to if there's another choice, I'd think twice.

Room Tip: If you brave a stay here, ask for a room that faces away from the highway for quieter sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sherry C
Sheri S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for your stay at our motel. This is not standard for us I can assure you of that. I am so glad that our housekeeper went above and beyond when cleaning your room in front of you.
We are under new ownership and a lot of things are changing here and all for the better. I hope if you are in the area you will give us another try

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Omaha, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Uninhabitable. Filthy, outdated, rude staff. A refund was refused, and I actually forfeited my charges. Do not stay at this hotel. There are many other opportunities in Vincennes, IN that are satisfactory. We ended up staying at the Comfort Suites and were completely satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. We are under new ownership and are undergoing a lot of new positive changes! I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you if you are ever in our area again
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Couldn't book the Marriott for this visit, so I paid about $100 including tax for Room 123. Not worth it. Here's why:
1) After spending about 10 minutes in my room, I noticed a scent that smelled slightly like urine. It was coming from the air conditioning unit. I'm not sure why, but at least the smell became undetectable while I was laying in bed once I turned the air up to "high." It was still gross. I didn't ask to switch rooms because it was already 11 p.m. and I was beat.
2) The doors open to the outside, and there was a lot of traffic noise on the busy street in front of this building. The other building at the hotel (where the lobby is) may be quieter because it doesn't face the street.
3) They say they offer breakfast in the "breakfast room," but don't bother to tell you where it is when you check in or in the guest directory. I had to call the front desk and ask. At least I got a decent bowl of Raisin Bran.

I liked that the rooms were clean and seem to have been recently renovated. The beds were nice. But if I'm going to pay $100 for a room, I'll go to the Marriott down the street and NEVER have funky smells coming from my air conditioner.

Room Tip: Maybe you'll have better luck with a room in the building that faces away from the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear aebaugh,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Next time if you have any problem with room, please let us know. We are open 24 hours to serve our guest better.Thank you again for your feedback.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 8128822100.

Vincennes, IN, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Best Western at Vincennes, IN is an excellent motel. Very big, clean, fresh smelling rooms. Excellent staff. We were very surprised at the very large room. We recommend this motel to anyone looking for a good, fair valued motel with big rooms, excellent staff, and wanting a good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr.Wayne W

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 8128822100.

KNOx, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Clean, and affordable. Great for parents to stay while visiting their students. They are eco-friendly with using energy wisely. Quiet rooms. Pool nearby room, but didn't swim because of time or arrival.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Darla C

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2013

There are not that many choices in the area and the HIE was booked. I booked the room for $99.95 a night being a gold elite member. I did not notice in the description or images that is motel has outside doors, which I avoid. Then my room faced the highway, on the first floor.
As I sat down at the nice deck, the walls shook as someone slammed a door. I thought for sure this was the beginning of a nightmare. Well the room turned out to be quiet, no road noise.
The guests were all quiet, The large room was clean, even though it was a dated. It was a real large room about 24 feet long, and large counter area with a sink, frig and microwave adjacent to the bathroom. If you had a family, they would be happy. The TV was a newer flat screen and king size bed had a memory foam top. Breakfast was a little sparse compared tom most chains. There are 2 buildings that make up the motel too. I survived the night. The staff was pleasant. They give you a key and plastic stick, that you have to put into a wall slot, to keep the power on in the room. I haven't seen that since I was in Brazil. You just have to know what this place offers for the money.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor away from HWY 41.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, August 10, 2013

Murfreesboro, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I should have known better when I tried to book a room and tried to explain to them that I really needed a downstairs room and they did not even try to look ahead to tell me when one might be available...all I kept getting was THIS IS ALL WE HAVE MA'AM! When I get there the man at the front desk Dee was very rude! waited until after the entire check in process to tell me there was NO HOT WATER...oooh but they were fixing it AND DID NOT EVEN OFFER A DISCOUNTED RATE! The room was hard to get too and musty smelling. They said NO PETS ALLOWED and yet there were people at the INCLOSED POOL with a dog AND letting it in the pool!!!!! TERRIBLY MANAGED!!!! EXTREMELY RUDE PEOPLE!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Jarrod H

BEST WESTERN The Inn of Old Vincennes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
#1 of 3 in Princeton
Super 8 Vincennes
Super 8 Vincennes
#4 of 7 in Vincennes

Been to Red Roof Inn Vincennes? Share your experiences!