“luxery at budget”

Red Roof Inn Vincennes
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Vincennes
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I travel southern Indiana and Illinois at least once a month normally stayed at Holiday inn or Hampton inn.last time I was in Vincennes try to stay at Holiday Inn express but they were full they recommend best western inn.I was going that way and saw new hotel town place by Marriott try to check in but rate was too high to compare what amenities i was getting.I do not want to stay at Best Western but before I rent a room i ask to see room.person was at front desk was very nice and friendly, show me room, It was surprised how big(HUGE) room was.front desk told me that all rooms are same and remodel.I stayed their for night at good rate.bed was nice and comfy, room was spotless very clean and Breakfast very good too.definitely i will stay their again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear coy Taber,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 8128822100.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Vincennes

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed one night in Vincennes, Indiana. Very clean facilities, inside and out. Personnel very helpful and friendly. Surprised how quiet our room was and we were on the front side of the hotel, closest to the road. Breakfast was very good with plenty of hot and cold choices. Coffee was very good! Didn't use the pool (you must go outside the building to get to the pool). Room was very well decorated and the bed and bedding were awesome! I wish we had been able to just lay around that morning..as I didn't want to get out of that comfy bed! Also, there must be plenty of insulation in these buildings, as we had the heater set on low (it was in the 30s overnight) and it never kicked on that we know of...at least we didn't hear it running if it did. That was really nice. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Also, at this facility, you have control of the lighting by inserting your room key into a slot on the wall behind the door. It activates all electricity to the room, so this prevents wasteful use of the lights when you are not in the room. Very green thinking. Also, the remote is a "clean remote", with recessed buttons that are very easy to keep clean - one of the dirtiest items in a hotel room. Kudos to this establishment for helping with disease prevention along with energy conservation.
Only negative comment is that when they make the bed, they tuck all layers of bedding into the sides. So, when you pull out the top sheet, the bottom sheet comes out too, so you have to basically make the bed again...or you will have the bottom sheet sliding all over during the night. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerk, she said that this is the "Best Western way", and that they are instructed to do this. Please stop tucking in all the bedding...I don't pay to stay in a hotel to have to make my own bed.
We have stayed 2 times in the past 4 months at Best Western hotels. I feel they are changing their image, and from what we have seen, the accommodations are greatly improving

Room Tip: You must go outside of the building to access the indoor pool, so ask for a room near it if you want...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Harry P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Ms. Mommacatt:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

A special Thank You for your input concerning how the bed could be made to facilitate comfort more easily. We have informed housekeeping of changes needed in order to acomplish this.

15062 Property

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Out to the country to visit with family in Western Indiana. This Best Western is a big step up from the last place we stayed several years ago (in fact, that previous motel is now closed!!) Friendly desk clerk, clean room - HUGE!! Could put a couch in there to fill the empty space!! Didn't stay for breakfast since we had plans to meet family at a restaurant in town. Would definetly stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Harry P, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guest in the future. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

15062 Property

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had to stay at the motel for one night for a business trip. Overall, the room was clean and had recently been remodeled. It was quite large too. Decor and bedding were nice. The breakfast was pretty tasty as well. Staff were helpful too. There is a wonderful Goodwill about a mile away that I also recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I would like to thank you for your response to our survey. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable. If there is anything we can do for you on future stays please let us know. We value all our guest opinions.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Tried two rooms, picked the least smoky one. Yuck. Welcome to Indiana. Way overpriced. Room was appointed well and clean. Had to ask for enough towels, and there was a wall device that prevented any lights or electricity unless the key is kept in it. What? Had to walk back to the office to ask, why no lights? Asked why he didn't tell me about this up front. Just said "some rooms don't have it--saves energy." Okay. Vincennes is kind of creepy...though I usually love midwestern river towns.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear gandl,

Thank You for completing regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. We hope to see you soon and when you depart next time, we hope you leave happy.

If i can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 812-882-2100.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

nice large rooms clean rooms would stay there anytime i am in vincennes indiana. the pool was clean and up to date.the quiet of the eara was good for us we got there on sat and was happy to find a clean hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Sorry, I am running little late to Thank you.Thank you very much for your feedback and we will try to continue on our goal to keep all our guest satisfied. We hope your next stay will be as comfortable and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. First, the night time cleaning maid (I was on night shift) did not make the bed properly, only laid the comforter over the bed. Often shorted me towels. Second, there is no washer or dryer on the premises for customer to use. Third, if you send or receive a fax, they charge you one dollar per page. I have never in all my travels been charged for sending a fax until I got here. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are desprate for a one night stay.

Room Tip: Good for a one nighter if you are desparate.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for completeting the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting your long term expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. As we do charge a dollar fee per sheet for outgoing faxes we do not charge any fee for incoming faxes. If you were charged at anytime for an incoming fax by error please contact us for refund.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 812-882-2100.

BEST WESTERN The Inn of Old Vincennes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 3 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Vincennes? Share your experiences!