“Are you kidding!”

Gilbert's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Vincennes
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Mulberry, Indiana
“Are you kidding!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We went here to eat after my daughter's graduation we were told it would be a 30 minute wait took over an hour to be seated! Our service was bad as the servers had no clue who got what.there was 11 of us but they spent another hour getting our food out to us. Food was under cooked and I didnt get my till I told them to cancel my order, when it did come it was wrong! Being upset I went to the car only to see most of the crew outside smoking not cooking or serving! SO STAY AWAY!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank 57chevytruckguy

Orlando, Florida
“Nice facility; average food, service and menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Pleasant, new, and well appointed facility. The menu is only average for its variety with nothing unique or interesting; the orders were slow in arriving; the prices are too high for the portions and quality offered; e.g. 1/2 lb hamburgers that are really 1/4 lb. There is little to compel us to return as opposed to the competition.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Riverpup
Vincennes, Indiana
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

This restaurant is new to Vincennes but it had better get alot better or it will not last. My husband and I went there for lunch. We both had Barley Soup which was very good but not hot and it was cold quickly. My husband had the Ky. Hot Brown. I don't think the cook had ever had one from the Brown Hotel. This one had lunch meat turkey and was not browned under the broiler! It had a swiss cheese sauce that ws very strong. Not bad but not good either. I had Fish and Chips. Fish was hot and crispy but the Waffle fries were cold! We were there about 11AM so I wonder when they were cooked! I think I will wait to go back until some learns how to cook.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ann5819
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I went on opening day for lunch. They have a lunch menu and a separate dinner menu. It looks nice inside. The booth seat isn't completely secure, and the booth tables are way to close to the seats. Our waitress was very nice and did her job very well. The calamari was good. The grilled cheese was good, but wasn't as melty as I would have liked. The French fries were blan with no taste. My boyfriend had some bacon steakburger he said was alright. He liked the waffle fries (I got regular). Not many dessert options (3). I hope they get better over time because we were pretty disappointed. The manager walked around and asked how everything was. We said "good" because we didn't want to be rude. It is pricey...the calamari alone was $10. The menus were just one piece of paper. The napkins were fancy black cloth ones which were nice. I mean, we will go back and try it for supper eventually. Like I said, I hope it gets tastier.

• Visited January 2014