“Finally good and true Italian”
Review of La Cucina - CLOSED

La Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have lived all over the world and after moving here I thought I would not find good food again, until I ran into this little hidden gem! It has amazing food, great employees, superb desserts and relaxing atmosphere! I am thrilled to have them in the area and the food is out of this world good! Its a must try, they are true Italians and it shows in their food! Great prices for the quality as well.

1  Thank ashvoisine
There are newer reviews for La Cucina

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Absolutely love this place.. my favorite place in the area. Love the cozy...candle lit atmosphere in the evening. This family owned and operated business will leave you wondering why you hadn't tried it before. The Vito sandwich is my favorite at lunch and the eggplant parmesan at dinner. I plan on hiring them to cater my wedding reception.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place knows how to make homestyle italian! Their lunches are great, a half sandwich is always plenty. The dinner menu features great tasting entrees that are reasonably priced. Save room for the desserts because they incredible! They are not open everyday so you might want to call for their hours.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I had our anniversary supper at La Cucina. All I can say is that we WILL return to this place when we go back to Vincennes! Great atmosphere, wonderful food, and great service. I like to eat, and I couldn't finish my plate. I highly suggest this great litte place to eat!

1  Thank Seth G
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have passed this restaurant/building numerous times, but have never stopped. Luckily, we did stop last Saturday evening and found a new place to eat dinner when we are in Vincennes. It is a very small dining area, but we were seated immediately. They were busy, but not so busy that we had to wait for our server to bring our drinks, take our order, bring our salad, and our dinner entrees. I ordered the lasagne, it is a huge serving and I took over 1/2 of it home. My husband ordered the special of the evening, Chicken Marsala. It was served with salad, a side of pasta and two pieces of italian bread...he thought it was delicious, but could only eat 1/2 of his serving due to the size of the chicken breast so he also brought some home. The menu is not large, so if you expect to see a menu with lots of options, you will be disappointed. Most entrees are in the $12-14 range. The owners are a friendly family running a class act restaurant in Vincennes, which is something that town needs! For a college town with a beautiful campus and diverse student body, it's surprising that Vincennes has not expanded their cultural venues for dining, entertainment, and shopping. I grew up across the river in IL, so have been a frequent visitor to Vincennes for close to 60 years. Glad to have the La Cucina: Italian Trattoria there when we want to go out for dinner. They have beer and wine as well as desserts and a deli counter with meats and cheeses if you want to take something home with you.

1  Thank Hoosierfan_7