“Wish it was better”

Econo Lodge Vincennes
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Vincennes
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Hmm read reviews so I stayed. Some things weren't mentioned.
I got in real late and was exhausted. Turned the light on went to put luggage up and to my surprise I startled some Vick roaches and then heard a loud train whistle go by. So I kept the dang light on to keep the roaches in hiding which didn't work I took a picture of one walking on the tv. I mentioned to gentleman in the morning very quietly about the roaches and he said "Really, we don't have a bug problem" I brought our my phone and showed him the picture I took. No apology no care just said ill have him spray. Will I go back ? Absolutely NOT.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank K9sniffer

Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you are looking for a Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express and those amenities, you've come to the wrong place. This Econo Lodge is just the basics. A pretty clean room, basic needs for a breakfast in the morning with waffles, cereal, and coffee; hot shower, warm or cool room, and a fairly comfortable bed. The price is right for about $63.00 including tax for an overnight there. The managers were all friendly and helpful and if all you're doing is sleeping in the room, it definitely fits the bill.

We stay here each year on our sojourn to Moonshine, IL and the Moonshine Lunch Run as a few others do coming from the South. Its never disappointed us in the two years we've stayed here and I don't anticipate it will in the future. If you're looking for simple and clean; stay here.

Room Tip: We always end up on the first floor. I don't know what is on the second floor. Maybe smoking r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was a very nice motel with many new updates as flat screen tv's, beds were very comfy, and was real clean. No problems at all. The night staff Mark was real helpful as well as the morning staff. The morning person was very sociable. This motel is well worth the money and I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The one good thing I can say is that we received a hassle-free refund. I booked a nonsmoking room due to severe health issues I have. 1st there was no parking available near our room, we would've had to park on the other side of the building. My fiance checked the room first just because by his impression of the lobby he had a feeling I would have some trouble. Even he, who is a smoker, couldn't stand the smell of the room. It was like (and I did go in to see myself) someone stayed there for a month and chain smoked stogies. The room appeared fairly clean although there were quite a few flies. We were told that the room had been a smoking room but was repainted and carpeted. We were given the option of switching rooms but we didn't want the hassle of going through the same thing again so we went across the street. More expensive but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

While on a motorcycle trip to east central Illinois, I made reservations for the six of us at the local EconoLodge in Vincennes, IN. The previous year we stayed at the Days Inn which was about $80 of not a good room for the night; so decided to stay across the parking lot this time and get a much better rate. The rate was $58/night compared to $75 at Days Inn, and unfortunately, the room was no better, but really was not much worse than at the Days Inn.

Obviously the TV was the old tube type which is no big deal; but when I see one now in a motel room, it screams of the owner not having the $$ to update the property, or not "wanting to". Cleanliness was "fair" at best, however, tub looked like it needed to be bleached out or something from stains, as well as the bathroom sink counter top. Carpet looked new, but front door of room appeared to never get cleaned as well as the mirror in the bathroom as they both had some kind of "drip" marks running down them. (Doesn't anyone EVER look at this stuff when they are cleaning the room?)

The bed was comfortable enough and the heating/cooling system worked well. It's definitely a "Motel 6" kind of motel but was on the cutting edge of really going downhill fast. We also got microwaves and refrigerators in our rooms which was a nice touch. The room also didn't have that "smell" in it like a musty moldy smell you get in older rundown motels. This too was a bonus. I guess for the money, I would chance this motel again next year, but I have a feeling that after another year passes, I will likely rate this motel in the "Poor" category. I guess we'll see in 365 days when we pass through Vincennes, IN again!

Room Tip: I was placed next to the laundry room which was surprisingly quiet. I would suggest "away"...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Business in the area required a one night stay. Econo lodge had the best rate and looked as good as any of the budget motels in the neighborhood. My first floor room was recently renovated; new bedspread on a very comfortable firm bed. Microwave, mini-fridge, quiet heat/ac unit, new carpet and furniture. Bathroom fixtures updated except an older tub which was OK. Parked at the door. Coffee and a bagel in the morning were satisfactory. Overall, very good value; clean and comfortable!

Room Tip: I simply asked for a room that did not have someone next to me; did not want to test the sound proof...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MBeachBum
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Hotel is clean, decent place providing good lodging for a fair price.
We had three complaints:
1 - Because of its location and nearby construction, there was a fair amount of traffic noise. Much of this should decrease when the construction is done.
2 - Poor disability access. The access ramp is cut into the edge of an end space, unmarked as a walkway, and sure enough, someone parked right in front of the ramp during the night.
3 - Breakfast was very limited and had little that wasn't sugar-loaded.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank member34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington
Super 8 Vincennes
Super 8 Vincennes
#5 of 8 in Vincennes

Been to Econo Lodge Vincennes? Share your experiences!