“Totally surprised by the buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dogwood Barbeque

Dogwood Barbeque
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Vincennes
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Includes German food, it is a buffet and catering business.
Columbia SC
“Totally surprised by the buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I found this restaurant listed in a fold-out pamphlet describing things to see and do in Vincennes. I'm glad I stopped in. The buffet had waaaay more items on it than I could sample, but I started with a meat plate comprised of Pork BBQ, barbecued chicken and St. Louis style ribs. Man! The second plate was going to be all vegetables but they got crowded off the plate with some more meat. I was getting pretty full so I decided the third plate would be a sampling of the desserts. Didn't happen.....I figured I might never make it back to Vincennes so I went with the tried and true, more vegetables with a covering of meat. I waddled out of the Dogwood to my hotel room and thoroughly enjoyed watching the Cardinals trounce the Rangers in the World Series that night. Truly memorable experience. Thank you Dogwood Barbecue.

• Visited October 2011

Dunlap, Tennessee
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Food is excellent. Great atmosphere and they play Gospel music softly in the restaurant. Will go back.

1 Thank Traveling_Duo_TN
Mattoon, Illinois
“Decent buffet style restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I stopped here thinking we'd like to eat some barbecue. What we found was a buffet style restaurant that did have some barbecue plus a lot of other food typically found on buffets.

The only negative thing I could say about the place is that the air conditioning was working overtime the evening we were there. It was way too cold.

Now the positive: Decent quality food. Excellent fried chicken. And several soups from which to choose (or sample them all if you like). Friendly servers. A desert comes with your meal which they serve you - I have a pretty good piece of coconut cream pie.

The cost, with tax and tip, was $32.00 which isn't outlandish but a little on the high side for a buffet meal for two.

Visited August 2011
Carmel, Indiana
“Maybe we happened to be there on a bad night but our food wasn't good at all.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We really were prepared to love this place, but the food just wasn't good. All the meats on the buffet were dried out and overcooked. The vegetables were limp and all the color and flavor had been cooked out of them. The mashed potatoes had a slimey texture and tasted old.

Only three desserts were available on the buffet. The brownies were hard and dry. The Cobbler was nothing special. Pie was available from the server, but you had to request it because it wasn't on the buffet.

The potato soup was very good, as was the fresh bread.

The $12.50 price was too high for the few things we thought were good. Maybe we just came on a bad night, but we won't be back.

Fishers, Indiana
“Alwways Consistent and Best Food In Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

We always eat here when in Vincennes. This is an Amish style buffet and the food is definitely home-made and definitely tastes Amish. They have a great variety of salads. they have homemade bread and desserts. It is much more than barbeque, although the barbeque is delicious and there are usually 3-4 choices. They also have great fried chicken (tender and juicy). Roast beef, pork, ham and beans, and yummy mashed potatoes as well as a good variety of vegetables. Anytime we've been there they have always kept the buffet filled adequately. It is a little bit pricier than some of the othere restaurants in Vincennes, but the quality is great and you can eat all you want. It is very informal but clean and not real loud. We have taken many friends there and they all have raved about the food. Can't go to Vincennes without eating here.

• Visited September 2011