“Lynn”

Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Woodstock, Georgia, USA
“Lynn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel yearly, but this year was the worst. We had construction going on in the room next to us which made it hard to sleep in the morning including Sunday. I tried to take a nap in the afternoon, but couldn't, When my husband complained the desk said there was nothing they could do. All I got was $75.00 off my bill when I checked out. I was there for 4 days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bryan32137, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Lynn:

I am very sorry that you had a negative experience at our property: please accept my sincere apologies. We should have done a better job of taking care of your issue and I will definitely follow up with my staff to ensure that this type of situation is handled better in the future. Please contact me directly at (718) 238-3737 Ext. 107 and I will be glad to work with you to provide a better solution to your problem.

Barry Gilliland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gayton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel for easy access to Manhattan and Brooklyn, then this is the hotel for you, its not expensive, the area is very nice indeed and friendly, loads of shops in the area, Century 21 is a must for bargains of quality products, the hotel needs a little tlc but its very clean and most of it is very nice and plush the staff are very friendly indeed and helpful nothing is too much trouble.
Can i take this opportunity to thank the guests at the time of our visit for making it such a special one and wish them all the very best for the future.

Room Tip: its not too busy certainly when we were there so noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at our property.

Copacabana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hotel could do with some love but the staff here were amazing! Truly fantastic! A credit to the hotel. They all bent over backwards to help and offer a friendly greeting. My only complaint is the disposable plastic bowls and cutlery at the continental breakfast. Not only is plastic really unpleasant to eat off when paying a high tarif - but the daily waste was criminal. I really think you guys should consider offering guests a more pleasant dining experience plus take care of the environment a lot better! Why suggest we re-use our towels when you dispose of a load of plastic waste on a daily basis? The hotel was close to shopping, the subway, restaurants and I'd gladly stay there again. I've experienced Manhattan and Brooklyn and I think travellers need to do both but I'd definitely prefer the 'Brooklyn Experience'. Great fun and thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue H
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are planning on new bathrooms for the spring as well as other improvements. We will definitely look at other ways to improve the environment including your suggestions. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My three sisters and I spent last weekend at the Best Western Gregory Hotel. We were so impressed with their staff - especially Marie and Julie - they were both so warm and accommodating. Our room was small but clean. The location is great - close to the subway and good shopping. There are also lots of good restaurants within walking distance.. The complimentary breakfast was good and there was a nice selection to choose from. We would definitely stay at the Gregory again!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a non-smoking room if you do not smoke!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Virtus
Thank you for your kind words!

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are planning to convert to totally non smoking after the first of the year! We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

On my last stay here, I'd had problems with the smoking floor's air being cycled through my non-smoking floor. In fact, I was very hesitant to stay. But since it's within walking distance of my daughter's apartment, I gave it another shot. No problems with the air at all!

This is good because on both visits I loved the spirit of the hotel. Very friendly, neighborly staff. The timing of this visit is just after Super Storm Sandy. The hotel has no internet connection even for its own work, but they know where to send you for wifi. They are doing their best to provide hospitality to folks who have lost their homes in the storm---true hospitality, not just a room, but a room with compassionate service.

I'm so glad the air filtration problem is resolved. Next time, I'll be confident in making the Hotel Gregory my first choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Each year my company books me into the Gregory for 4 days while I work a major event in the New York area. This was my 7th year in a row at the Gregory. I have never found bed bugs and I know how/where to search for them. This hotel is good about that. This is an old hotel with squeaky floors, showers that scald you with hot water without warning & toilets with flapper valves that like clock work fail at least once during each stay of my past 7 years now. The rooms are clean for an old place like this. Don't ask for a wake up call, that system has never worked right & will fail you bigtime. This year (2012) the telephones, wi fi internet & hotel computer were all down due to the Megi Storm. OK, even after a week they can't find an uncle that can fix at least some of that! Come on, having to walk 2 blocks to a coffee shop for internet service gets old.

On the good side, the staff helps you as much as possible. They are all great people & know the area & the city well. IF you have a car they valet park so you don't have to find a spot on the street as they have no lot near the hotel. The freeway is close by like 15 blocks away. The subway is 2 blocks away and takes you everywhere, just get a subway map and ask people as they are friendly & will help you get to where you need to go. The free breakfast is OK to get you started for the day. Best thing: you are in walking distance of many great places to eat or get supplies/shop. Appartment buildings & brownstone neighborhoods are all around you. You are a part of the neighborhood. It is a safe experience not found in other areas of the city. It is safe to walk around being alert for average dangers. You will meet many nice people willing to help you find what you need. Skinflints & Kettle Black are very old neighborhood bar/restaurants you will want to seek out. Don't miss either one of these for a full experience.

Room Tip: Even on the very top 4th floor you will feel the subway running past under the street, everytime all...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business