4 people are viewing this hotel
$231
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$231
FindHotel
$222
Marriott Hotels$231
Hotels.com$231
travelup.com$280
All reviews m club brooklyn bridge concierge lounge front desk new york room was spacious lobby bar the entire staff fitness center mini fridge subway station few blocks beverly conference angelo nyc bellman
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

Never stay here unless you can specify a room with a chair in it. This hotel is not the place to stay if you plan to work at all in your room, or even if you plan to relax, read a book or watch TV. There is no comfortable chair in this room to do so. The only chair available is a straight backed chair that is supposed to be to sit at the desk. But since it is not height adjustable, I cannot use it to work because I have to reach up to type on my laptop. I have contacted the front desk, written the manager, and called guest services. No response. I could cry that I have to be here a week in this hellhole.

Room tip: Be sure there is an actual chair in the room. Who would think to have to ask that?
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Scottie422
samibrahim, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2019

Dear Scottie422, Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize for any frustrations you have regarding our guestroom. I would personally like to discuss your feedback and hope that you can call me directly. Our main priority is to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and leave rested and relaxed. I look forward to speaking with you and working toward improving your visit with us. Sincerely, Sam Ibrahim, General Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2019

This hotel is actually one of my favourite places to stay. I have never been unsatisfied with the quality of the hotel, the cleanliness of the place, and the service. What prevents me from giving top marks in my review is the destination fee.

For my purposes, this hotel is best choice I can make when I visit New York City. While I can tolerate staying in Manhattan, I prefer hotel rooms that are larger than a postage stamp. Consistently, this hotel has given me spacious suites, and the last two stays were no exception given my platinum status in the Marriott world. The location in downtown Brooklyn meant we were surrounded by several subway lines, specifically the A, C, E, F, R, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lines. It made commuting into Manhattan a very quick trip. We utilized the club lounge extensively for breakfast, and was pleasantly surprised on two occasions in the lounge when one evening, on top of the hors d'oerives served, they had a Cuban food station with pulled pork shoulder, salad, and plantains, and an omelette station one morning during breakfast. The usual breakfast fare was consistently good, however the same items were served every day (bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, a non-pork protein, and an egg white dish). The enhanced wifi option was very fast. Our housekeeper on the 20th floor kept our room immaculately clean every day.

What gets me is the destination fee, and why I wouldn't give a top grade. I understand it is now a standard charge at most 4 star hotels in New York, and $25 is not unreasonable when I looked at similar charges at other hotels. That said, I don't like them, but if that's part of the price you pay, you can always book somewhere else. Your $25 could be applied to purchases at the bar, pantry, or the club lounge breakfast if you didn't have status. But $25 doesn't go a long way for drinks if you're ordering them at the bar. I thought $16 for a glass of wine was a little much, as was the $10 draft beer. I was also told the $25 had to spent on a daily basis, so if you didn't use all or any of it on a given day, you could not apply it towards purchases on other days. The hotel also gave you a $20 daily credit towards dry cleaning and laundry, but after looking at the prices for this service, I'm surprised anyone who has time to find a local dry cleaner or laundomat would use this service. Seriously, $8 to clean a pair of socks? Save yourself the aggravation of that and walk two blocks to Macy's or Century 21 and buy new ones.

I would more enthusiastic in recommending this hotel if the destination fee was eliminated or more flexibility could be used in applying the charge.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank blkjck5697
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Dear blkjck5697,

Thank you for being loyal to our brand and for your detailed review of the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. We strive to make sure every guest feels at home, and we will be sure to share your compliments with our team. However, we regret your disappointment with our destination fee. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Big Apple.

Sam Ibrahim

Reviewed July 29, 2019

We reserved a suite her at $800 per night. What a joke. The services is non existent. We couldn’t get a roll away until two trips to the front desk at midnight. We tried calling and our phones didn’t work. When complaining at front desk they said this was my fault apparently. They said maintenance and housekeeping aren’t controlled by the manager of the hotel! Seriously. Never ever stay here. Staff is rude and won’t solve problems. Never written a good or bad review before until now. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Quest176703
Austin J, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! The feedback you have provided is very concerning as it is not in line with the service expectation we have for our team. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we are in the process of addressing the concern. TripAdvisor unfortunately does not provide names or room numbers and I was hoping you could provide me this information so we can research this matter further. Could you kindly e-mail these details to me at Austin.jones@marriott.com.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Austin Jones

Reviewed July 28, 2019

quick easy and efficient check-in, Valey parking service, friendly staff, and a large club room, located with easy access hotel was clean and comfortable but a bit outdated and in need of renovation price was reasonable

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank brucegurfein
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Dear brucegurfein,

Thank you for choosing the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge and for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted you enjoyed the smooth check-in upon arrival, exceptional service, and outstanding location! However, we regret not meeting some of your expectations and value your helpful feedback. Thank you once more for the generous rating; we look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best with your travels.

Sam Ibrahim

Reviewed July 23, 2019

I've been staying here weekly since February 2019. The rooms and common areas are clean and recently updated. The M Club has a delicious breakfast and good light apps and deserts in the evening. The staff makes this experience memorable. Beverly, Agnes, Angelo, Donald and Leonard (as well as every other staff member- sorry that I can't list you all) go above and beyond to welcome me each week. The team is attentive and very pleasant even when there is a crowd waiting to check in from one of the airlines who use this for their flight crews. The location is very convenient - in between two different subway stations - which put you in Manhattan in minutes - and many rooms have views of the nearby Brooklyn Bridge or Statue of Liberty. Close to many excellent dining choice, the Promenade and all that Brooklyn has to offer. Fitness Center and pool are clean (Fitness Center tends to be a bit warm) and of course the Marriott beds are great. Some rooms are a bit dark and could have more lighting in the bathrooms, but overall a great choice in Brooklyn.

Room tip: North tower is more convenient to Fitness Center and Pool. Some South tower rooms have great views
3  Thank bbunko