“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
New York State
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

I do alot of business travel to New York City, approx. six nights a month for ten months of the year. I find that the Marriotts in NYC are all very very good and have tried almost all of them. The Brooklyn Bridge stands out and is the place that I come to the most because they get everything right. The front desk, especially Wynonna, is very helpful and considerate, but others at the front desk are as well. The staff at the concierge lounge, including but not limited to Don, goes out of their way to make the guests comfortable. The gym is excellent, with a very wide range of equipment and a pool. The bill is always correct at check-out. The parking lot runs efficiently. The food is good. Much of the hotel is new construction. There is safety. No complaints. Travelers can't go wrong here, and I'd say otherwise if there was reason to.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights 4/4-4/6 for a wedding in Brroklyn. We would have stayed another night but it would have been more expensice to do so. The hotel was very nice and my wife wanted to take the bed home with us. The area around there is really nice (think Cosby show). The concierge mapped out a nice walk for us along Montigue to the Promenade and over to Cort that made fer a really nice 1/2 walking tour. The shops and restaurants in this area are pretty fair priced versus Manhattan,There are only 3 negatives to this hotel: the price, lots of street noise and having to take a cab or subway to Manhattan. Otherwise it's all positive.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

We stayed at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott in early April. The hotel surpassed our expectations. The location was great, the rooms were large with sofas and overstuffed chairs, and it was a full service hotel. The room and common areas were very clean and the staff was very accomodating. There was a full restaurant, bar and a lounge where you could just sit and relax. I felt safe here and there was a car rental in the parking garage, which we used. We got a great promotional rate which made it even more appealing. The rooms also have small refridgerators. We would definately stay here again. It is close to the the promenade, Dumbo, Brooklyn Bridge and the fantastic Junior's Restaurant. The restaurant in the hotel was also very good.

Towanda, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

Having stayed on Manhattan for about ten years, we decided to try Brooklyn. We were not disappointed by this hotel. The location is excellent and the staff was helpful. The concierges were great both days. We shopped and walked the streets in Brooklyn. The restaurants we tried were near the hotel and we were so pleased with them. They were an Irish pub on Montague and an Italian restaurant also on Montague St. We checked out the thrift stores in Brooklyn, making Beacon's Closet our Main Stop. My sister got a great Calvin Klein dress for 25.00 but you had to pick through alot to get bargains like that.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

We live in NYC but my husband, who works practically across the street (on Court Street) from the Marriott, planned an overnight surprise for my 40th Birthday. We have stayed in many hotels and this is definitely one of the nicest hotels to stay in. We had the Romance package which includes a business class room, dinner for 2 at Morton's Steak House, and breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. He also surprised me with champagne and strawberries that were sent up to our room. It was very romantic. Morton's was excellent. I highly recommend treating yourself to Morton's, although it is a little pricey. If you are in an adventurous mood, you can always check out all of the restaurants a few blocks away on Smith Street. (Ki is an excellent Sushi place, and you can't miss Frankies' restaurant on Court Street.)

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindacerbin
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel monthly for over three years and when I arrive, the staff treats me like a member of the family. Every consideration is given to ensure that I am having a great experience, and it is genuine and not because they are looking for a gratuity. I arrived for my stay very upset over a problem with some travel plans and Wynona, Cheryl, and Vmbai greeted me, could see I was upset, and insisted on helping "fix" the situation. Wynona arranged the local travel, brought me up to my room, hung my coat up for me, stayed until I had "recovered" from the issue, and both Vmbai and Cheryl checked up on me to be sure all was fine. If that was not enough, the next evening, after I had already checked out of the hotel, I receive a call from Wynona checking up on me and making sure that all the arrangements were followed through and that I was doing okay. No matter where I need to be in New York City - the only hotel I will ever patronize will be the Brooklyn Marriott. From the moment you wake up in the morning with Leonard greeting you, Beverley's expertise at the front desk, Don's savoir faire in the lounge at night, and these wonderful women I mentioned earlier, it is nothing less than miraculous that one hotel could have this combination of brilliant staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank awdmf
South Jersey & Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

My fiance and I stayed at the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge from Mar 12-15. We were in New York to get our marriage license and to celebrate my 30th birthday.

The hotel lobby was very pretty, but looks brighter and better in pictures. The service was great. The women at the front desk were very helpful. When we exteneded our stay a night, Cheryl at the front desk sent up a try of wine and cheese after I mentioned my birthday and the upcoming wedding. Whenever I walked past the desk they waved, smiled and asked how things were going. Yahira, at the front desk, assisted my fiance with getting a document faxed to the hotel and made sure he received it.

Our room must have been one that was remodeled as it was very modern. It had a flat screen tv, wireless keyboard and very new updated furniture and lighting fixtures. The room was very clean. The first day we put the do not disturb on the door, but once it was removed our was was quickly cleaned.

I must say I was floored when I saw the prices of the food at the restaurant. The in room dining guide included a bagel with salmon for $19! Every morning we walked to Court Street to Starbucks before taking the train into the city.

Also, there are plenty of restaurants on Court Street. We found a great little inexpensive deli/bakery/sub shop for dinner one night. We took it back to the room.

The hotel is VERY close to several subway stations and although it's a bit out of the way, it's worth the trip for the price and space.

Parking was a bit high as well; $23 for the first day, $18 each additional. But it's NY.

Word of caution. If you room comes with free breakfast, you must go to the buffett. We had the food delivered by room service. The bill WOULD have been $64!!!! When I told the man who delievered that we were told we could use room service he said he'd take care of it. Very easy. But $64? It was 2 plates of food with hot chocolate and apple juice.

I'd definitley visit again and would recommend you do to.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple