“Wonderful hotel in a perfect location”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott this past weekend. It was a beautiful hotel with clean rooms, attentive staff and great amenities. Our room was #7006 in the South building. This was a corner room with amazing views. One of our windows had a clear view of the Brooklyn Bridge. While at the hotel we used the hotel pool and parked in the garage. Both were pleasant, easy experiences. This hotel is close enough to walk to the Brooklyn Bridge promenade, which is fantastic. There, you will find spectacular views of the NYC skyline. Our room was very spacious and exceptionally clean. There was no noise from the street. This was a wonderful hotel experience.

The ONLY negative we experienced with this hotel was that they were filming a TV show in the hotel during our stay. I am not sure if this is a common occurrence at this hotel. They were filming the show "Elementary." During the day they had to block off various areas and hotel guests had to take different elevators and be redirected to various areas of the hotel to avoid the film crew. This was a bit stressful as we were traveling with toddlers and needed to interact with hotel staff multiple times. At one point, we needed to go to the check-in desk and walked directly into the filming shoot accidentally. It was interesting to say the least...but a bit inconvenient and unpleasant as a guest of the hotel. Some people may like seeing the filming, or catching glances of the various actors but this was a definite negative for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here with two teen daughters from July 5-7. The outside hotel staff was great. So friendly and helpful. They really went out of their way to help us... I would recommend they learn where the Pratt Institute is. However, I did not like how we were treated by the front desk staff at check in. I paid for a city view room and I am a Marriott Gold Rewards member with a preference for a high floor room. None of this was acknowledged. When I brought it to the desk clerk's attention, I was met with indifference. We were told there were no rooms ready (which is fine even though we were there after 4:00 p.m. and had a reservation), but as we took a few steps away from the desk I received a call that a room was ready. So we stood in line again to get the room, immediately after having just done that. Location is nice. Security is not as good as I have seen in other hotels. Internet is expensive and not fast. One of three room keys didn't work. Ordered room service for three and it came with one plate. I'd stay here again but my expectations were lowered. If you go, take a walk around the neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel with more space and calmer than most New York hotels (though they were filming a TV show in the lobby when we arrived). Very nice rooms, views, workout facility and indoor lap pool. Nice breakfast bar (starbucks coffe and good pastries!). Very close to the Jay Street subway station.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Coming into Brooklyn for a couple days can be daunting, especially if you are not familiar with the area. However, my choice to stay here was a good one. The location is close to lots of MTA subway routes and buses, great restaurants and bars, and close to a thriving urban population. The room was very clean and the service friendly and helpful. The cost was very reasonable for NYC area hotels. Parking was only $25/day. When I return to visit family in the area, this will be my first choice....if you are lucky enough to find a room available!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hickup41742
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We (eleven family members) recently stayed at this hotel for three nights prior to a cruise on the Queen Mary. The staff could not be more accommodating. My room on the 16th floor was a corner room out of which we had views of the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges, NYC skyline and the Statue of Liberty. The rooms were very quiet and I never heard anything from adjacent rooms. This is a great location to explore Brooklyn Heights and there are several metro stops near by making an easy trip into Manhattan. On previous trips we had always stayed in Manhattan but will stay here again as it is convenient and there are many restaurants in the area that were much more reasonable than in the city. My 89 year old mother stayed in the hotel, (her room, restaurant and lounge areas) while the rest of us went out touring and she felt well cared for. The staff were very nice to her. There was a nice pool for the kids and adults to cool off in at the end of the day. In all it was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the Brooklyn Bridge have good views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a bit rundown, but it has good convention space. Closed to the subway so you can be in Manhattan quite fast. With in walking distance you can be by the river where there are plenty of restaurants and cafés. The bar in the hotel was great, still has wonderful service but the food has gone down, not as good quality or choices. The rooms are a bit old but beds are comfortable to sleep in

Stayed: July 2014
BrooklynMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott Hotel. We appreciate the feedback as we continue to find ways to improve on the experience we provide. I would like if possible to speak with you to learn anything specific about the food so we can follow up and improve on the quality.

I can be reached at 973 766 4809. I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day.

John McPartlan
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed there lat night to attend the fireworks. It was a perfect location and an easy walk to the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade where we had a perfect view of the show. The room was clean, comfy and mostly quiet except for a few people slamming doors. No complaints. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple