“Fantastic stay.”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
“Fantastic stay.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and the service was fantastic; the staff were welcoming and and went out of their way to help with any of my needs.
Got an upgraded to a bigger room, which is always a lovely treat. I'm normally really fussy when it comes to beds due to having a Tempur myself, but the bed was really comfy and slept really well each night. Even though the hotel is on the main road to the bridge, I didn't hear any noise at night.
I would definitely stay here again, as it's got two metro stations close by so easy access into Manhattan, or just take a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge which is just five minutes down the road.
Can't wait to come stay again!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here on business trip, as meeting was at the hotel & then stayed on thru the weekend rather than change hotels again. Well-staffed and very friendly. Eager to help in any way. Room was clean but king-size bed was pretty hard--I prefer soft, so maybe it wouldn't be hard to someone else. However, they had the nicest, softest towels & a great shower head. People must be asking about it because the model number & where to buy it was engraved on it! There were plenty of restaurants nearby & a Metro stop about 1 1/2 blocks away. Easy to get into Manhattan. With that said, I felt a bit uneasy going to a play and then take the Metro back to the hotel that late at night. A little too deserted for me. On Saturday around 5 pm, I tried to get a cab from Chinatown back to the hotel and every one that stopped told me no--they wouldn't go that way. I guess they didn't want to bother with bridge tolls and traffic. Would I stay here again? I don't know. The hotel itself was nice, but just not convenient for things I wanted to do in the City.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family has stayed at this hotel many times when we come into NY for the 5 borough bike ride. We enjoy the location's proximity to the subway and access to Manhatten. We have always had a nice clean room and the staff has always been helpful and courteous. We look forward to going back again.

• Stayed May 2013
New Jersey
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I drove in from NJ to stay here for only one night so I could attend a late afternoon meeting and attend a conference on the following morning starting at 9am. When I arrived I found the adjacent parking garage charged $25 per 24 hours. When I checked out I learned that if you stay beyond the 24 hour period the parking garage will charge another $25 or $50 as was the case for me. Other hotels usually don’t charge extra in that manner.

As I approached the escalator I was greeted by the hotel’s front desk service staff with a warm welcome. She escorted me up to the check-in desk. That never happened to me at any other hotel, ever. Check-in was smooth.

I was quite pleased with my room 1612 with a south facing view. Check out my pics. What was really great about this hotel was their club lounge, which had some great views of the city. Being a Marriott platinum member I always get access to the lounge for complimentary evening hors d'oeuvres and breakfast.

11am is the normal hotel check-out time. The next day I called the operator for a late 12 noon check-out, because I wanted to do an 11am conference call in the privacy of my room. When I returned to my room around 10:50am I found the cleaning woman was already cleaning my room. She threw out my toothpaste, tooth brush and mouthwash because she thought I had already checked out. I explained to her that I requested 12 noon check-out, which she was unaware. There was a communication problem here.

My room cost was $179, which I thought was reasonable for the area. I would recommend this hotel because of my overall experience despite some room for improvement.

5 Thank Tony J
Albany, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was at an event at the Brooklyn Marriott last night. I was unfortunate enough to have gotten a flat tire en route and was hours from home. Of everyone I dealt with that evening (roadside assistance, local car dealerships, etc.), the staff at the hotel were the only ones helpful. They went out of their way to assist me and made a horrible situation at least bearable. I even got a follow up call that night from the bell hop. Bottom line, excellent service and I wasn't even staying at the hotel.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The staff and facilities were perfect. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms and common areas were very clean. The location had easy access to trains which made travel in and out of Manhattan very easy. A nice walking distance from Barclay Center. We will definitely return!!!

Room Tip: All room choices are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ricpie305
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2014

On February 22, 2014, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Delta Rho Omega Chapter hosted the North Atlantic Region Cluster III Founders' Day Luncheon at the hotel and everything was BEAUTIFUL!

We had an extremely satisfactory event. The staff at the Marriott assisted us in making our Founders' Day, a great success. My team of committee members came down at 7:00 AM on the morning of the event and transformed the Ballroom and A,B and C Salons into beautiful settings, which accommodated almost 400 members of the sorority. The Marriott staff, under the leadership of Event Planner Sara Costello, set up the tables and chairs on Friday night. Delta Rho Omega received many compliments from those who attended; they said everything was perfect, the food was delicious and the program was excellent.

I want to thank Irene Bagnar, who initiated the details of this event. It took almost a year to finalize our venue, but, she hung in there with me until the contract was signed.

The staff at the Marriott deserves a much applause, especially Kevin James. Kevin hung in there until the end. His ballroom decorations were gorgeous. He made sure the audio was working properly. Most of all, he had worked with Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority during our centennial celebration in 2008 in Washington, D.C. and was aware that we like everything perfect and it was a perfect event, for us.

Jimmy Fytras, Manager, met with us and he was very helpful. Demetruis assisted Kevin, and we thank him. Ernest Marciano,Teddy M. made the day with the tables and all the set up. Eugene, the Director of Food Services, was exceptionally helpful to us. We had some special food requests and I had a special food request and he handled everything with ease and grace. We had plenty of food for everyone.

Sara Costello was exceptional. She responded to my emails immediately. She arranged our many planning meetings at the Marriott and was always patient during planning stage. She never got upset and was always respectful. I emailed Sara up to one-half hour before the event and she always responded. She has great follow-through.

Again, thank you.