“Nice family visit, close to subway”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had a nice stay at this hotel right before Christmas. Room was fine and the rates were reasonable. It was around $200/night. Easy access to Manhattan, took about a half hour to get to the upper east side.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This hotel in located near by few subway stops so it is very accessible from Manhattan. It is a quiet neibourghood and only 5 minutes walking form the Brooklyn bridge, which is a major attraction of NYC. Service was good and room very clean. Bed was very confortable, it felt like sleeping on a cloud! We enjoyed being very close to Manhattan without paying the big bucks!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a wedding and had a good experience. It is in a great place that is walkable to nightlife and of course the bridge. The room was modern and clean. The beds were not very comfortable and that is why I did not give the hotel 5 stars. I woke up with a sore neck and back each morning.
It is pricey, but that is to be expected in New York as well as parking $25 a day, but we split it with another couple which made it more affordable. They were very accommodating to splitting the room between two couples which was nice, some places are not so nice about it.
We did not eat at the hotel, but there is a starbucks in the lobby which is very convenient!
We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed 3 nights accompanying wife on a working trip. Great location for accessibility to explore Brooklyn and Manhattan 2 mins from F line. Highlight though was, fortunately for me, Marie in Security who, after I arrived at the airport realising I'd made that classic mistake of leaving passport in the hotel safe, managed to retrieve it, wallet and cash, getting them to me at JFK in under an hour and with minutes to spare before my Hong Kong flight closed at midnight. She and the Marriott team got it sent over in a cab and she kept me informed every step of the way. Thanks Marie for turning what could have been a short trip horror ending into a "life-saving" (wife would've killed me!) story to relate - respect to Marriott for supporting their staff to make it happen!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge with my family's last night. The neighborhood is not particularly residential but more of a commercial area with a combination of municipal offices, college buildings and retail. The staff was extremely professional and welcoming. Our stay started with a nice curbside welcome greeting followed by a similar welcome at the front desk. The hotel room was good sized and well appointed with comfortable furniture and decor. Definitely not a boutique hotel choice but a very well run larger hotel convenient to popular Brooklyn neighborhoods like Brooklyn Heights, Williamsburg and the like. Easy parking at the underground garage staffed with very enthusiastic attendants and easy taxi access curbside. After arriving home my 15 year old son remembered he left his computer in the room. I. was pleasantly surprised when my wife called to find out that the cleaner had turned it in to security. The hotel manager Vince and security office person Marie were extremely helpful and made recovery very smooth. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others. It's big and corporate vs hip boutique that some traveling to these popular neighborhoods might be looking for but it's certainly solid and you have little risk of making a bad choice here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We spent one night here and were very impressed. Had a corner room in the south tower and the view was indeed spectacular -- we could even see the Statue of Liberty! The room was large and well appointed. We had lunch in the restaurant and told them we were in a hurry and they were most accommodating. We were in and out in no time flat and the food was very good quality. The people at the desk -- including the luggage checker and the bellman -- were all very pleasant and made us feel most welcome. We did the valet parking and that was easy too -- same price as if you parked yourself. Plus the subway was directly across the street and we were in Manhattan in no time at all. We considered this a good find especially for the price.

Room Tip: If you want a sensational view ask for 1606 South Tower -- or any corner room above this floor.